HOUSTON, TEXAS

October 15th 2011
sketchcat
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

HOUSTON, TEXAS

Post by sketchcat »

Open to suggestions for sketching location and time. Post suggestions here. Would love to get a large group together.
minigirl
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: HOUSTON, TEXAS

Post by minigirl »

I will be there. How about a farmer's market? off Richmond or on Airline? the heights? I will have info on the TX Urban Sketchers group that is starting up.
sketchcat
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

Post by sketchcat »

The market on Richmond might be fun...
sannyd
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by sannyd »

i would like to join in. i know those areas (i always wanted to go to the one off airline as ive lived by it and never went) and since the weather isnt hell on high..it oughta be cool.

ETA: what time is everyone getting out?? ill be either there or the heights like noon.
sketchcat
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

Post by sketchcat »

I think we should agree on one location or the other at least to start with. I've never been to the one on Richmond, but I'm open to whatever the group wants. I always start early...9ish. If we agree
on a spot then even people who sleep in can find us. If we want to move from place to place we can agree on a route and anyone can join us along the way. Spread the word.
I'd sure like a BIG group this time.
minigirl
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by minigirl »

I kinda think the Airline one, it might be more colorful and have more going on, as well as space to sit. I haven't been in a while though, I'll try to swing by if I'm in the area to check it out and see if it is a good possibility.
Early start is good, then maybe we can have a lunch break together somewhere nearby on visit.
sketchcat
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

Post by sketchcat »

Just FYI, I live around the corner from Airline. Unless you have one of those little travel stools there is NO place to sit. At all.
I've sketched there before and that is always my problem: finding a place where I don't get jostled and still finding a good vantage point for sketching.
The market in front is ok. But the better place to sketch is the farmer's outlet in back. Much more colorful. But it's crowded and narrow.
Just so you know.
minigirl
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by minigirl »

I went by the farmer's market on Airline Saturday. It is crowded and busy but fascinating. If we want to make it part of the crawl I talked to Mr. Canino and he said it is okay for us to sketch there and let him know when we get there and they'd let us park across the street in their lot. (we can keep the front parking from his customers).
I am just happy to get together for a sketch crawl so location is secondary. Check out the new (TX) branch of Urban Sketcher http://urbansketchers-texas.blogspot.com/.
sketchcat
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

Post by sketchcat »

Glad you thought to talk to Mr. Canino.... There's also a street alongside the market and you can pull off and parallel park.
We could start at Canino's and then visit one of the other ones. On Saturdays there are the one in Midtown behind Breakfast Club and the one at Onion Creek on
White Oak. I think the Richmond one is open Saturdays too. So we could make the rounds.
Let's say 9AM at Canino's. We can decide from there what to do!
minigirl
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by minigirl »

We'll see you then. Yeah! I am looking forward to meeting you all. We'll meet you at the front of Canino's.
minigirl
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by minigirl »

9 a.m. Canino Produce Farmers Market - 2520 Airline Drive 77009
Bill Canino said to let them know and you can park across the street in their lot. Please don't use up the customer's space in front lot.
DiandraMae
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by DiandraMae »

Hi all,

I'm the Illustrator Coordinator for the local chapter of SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators). Last month I planned a SketchCrawl at the Houston Zoo for tomorrow, not realizing that it was also WWSC Day. We plan on meeting at the Aquarium at 9 when the zoo opens. (http://scbwihoustonart.blogspot.com/p/i ... vents.html) I know you have your plans already, but I thought I'd share.

I'd like to say that anytime another SketchCrawl is planned, I'd love to share the information with my group. :) Any sketch events I plan I'll also share here.

Thanks!
Diandra Mae
Diandra Mae
Simply Fun Art!
Site: http://diandramae.com/
Blog:http://diandramae.blogspot.com/
minigirl
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by minigirl »

Oh I wish I had know and we would have planned to join you. Check out Urban Sketchers too. We have a Texas group now and will be planning to get together also. I was sketching at the zoo a couple of weeks ago. The giraffes are lovely.
sketchcat
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

Post by sketchcat »

And PLEASE....illustrators and other sketchers alike... I will post a TOPIC here after the crawl with the title HOUSTON(results). PLEASE, please share your sketches here. Don't be shy!

Return to “33rd World Wide SketchCrawl”