Sydney, Australia

October 15th 2011
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Sydney, Australia

Post by davidjack »

We still having to decide where to do the Sketchcrawl... The Sydney Sketch Club said something of sculptures sketching. Any other ideas?
CyberDave
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Sydney, Australia

Post by CyberDave »

David...
You and your group did a real great job doing the Powerhouse Museum at the last crawl. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I enjoyed the sketches so much.
I am sure you folks will come up with something equally interesting this time.
Good luck with some new ideas - put on those thinking caps. :think: :problem: :)

You and your sketchers have a fantastic Sketchcrawl Oct 15th. :wave:

Cheers
CyberDave
Vancouver, Canada
jdenel
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jdenel »

Good evening - if sketchers do like the idea of a SCULPTURE CRAWL in the Sydney CBD I wondered if we met at Martin Place (easy to get there by public transport) where there are 2 sculpture options, then move on after say half an hour, and move again to a 3rd location after another 30 minutes - I would be intrigued to see the different interpretations if everyone is sketching the exact same subject matter within the set time limits !! Look forward to some comments ? cheers Jennifer
jdenel
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jdenel »

Hi Crawlers
A member of Sydney Sketch Club had mentioned the Campbelltown Steam Museum out at Menangle Park whose open day coincides with the date set for this month’s Sketchcrawl. I usually like to take advantage of annual-type activities but the main concern on this occasion would be that the Museum is such a considerable way from public transport and I am conscious that not everyone has a vehicle. A CBD based sculpture crawl is accessible to anyone and therefore I would be pleased if anyone reading this would like to come to the Bronze Pig at the top of Martin Place in front of the Sydney Eye Hospital at 10am for an introduction to 3-4 different sketching sites. If anyone requires further directions on the day please contact Jennifer on 0413 45 25 15
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

Campbelltown is too far for me. I really dig the idea of CBD Sculptures. I'll see you guys there!
borrominibear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by borrominibear »

I like the idea of a city sculpture walk. There is no way that I would be able to make it to Campbelltown as I have commitments in the afternoon.
moleskine
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by moleskine »

The sculpture walk sounds like a great idea. However, I won't be able to attend this time as I will be in Madrid! Maybe Sketchcrawl Madrid will let me tag along.
By the way, this is Lisa. Could not figure out how to change my "moleskine" username!
Have a good sketch day out everyone.
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

Enjoy in Madrid Lisa! So cool that you're going to my country :D :D :D
borrominibear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by borrominibear »

sadly I am not able to make it this saturday but here is a map that Jennifer prepared with the route!!!
Hope you all have a great day - I will try to sketch at home.
Lisa - have fun in Spain!! I am jealous...but you already know that!
RodB
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by RodB »

Thanks for the map & times!
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

So 10 o'clock on the PIG, get it! See u there :D :D :D any breakfast plans? :oops: I'll try to sleep in as much as I can as I've been all week waking up at 5... so just wondering if the usual breakfast pre-crawl will be hold somewhere near by...
davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by davidjack »

I end up sick so I slept in this morning. The good news is that I got to the CBD by 1pm and I did plenty of sketches that I'll upload tmrrw as I was feeling a bit better. Now I'm sick again haha. Sorry for missing the group. Looking forward to see everybody's results.

Return to “33rd World Wide SketchCrawl”