Phoenix/Cave Creek, AZ USA - [Results]

October 15th 2011
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Phoenix/Cave Creek, AZ USA - [Results]

Post by crgcas »

Three degrees cooler than Phoenix is better than nothing but it was still HOT up in Cave Creek today! We had 10 people show up (mostly sketchers). We skulked around Frontier Village in the morning, lunched at El Encato by the pond then hit it again for a few hours of more sketching. It is beautiful up there and despite the heat it was a gorgeous day! I squeezed in three sketches and my 6 year old son eked out a few as well. It was so good to see everyone again and can't wait till the next one!

Cave Creek is a bit north of Phoenix and is a touristy western town with lots of shops, antique dealers and some great eateries. I found some metal bulls and horses to sketch as well as a nice fountain. All subjects were chosen due to their proximity to shade. We didn't venture north enough to catch this weekend's main even - the running of the bulls but heard it was pretty wild.

crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Re: Phoenix/Cave Creek, AZ USA - [Results]

Post by crgcas »

My 6 year old had less patience in the heat today but still managed to be nore prolific than I was:
His sketches:

And some more shots to provide a small taste of our backdrop:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ChaosEtc
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ChaosEtc »

Love the photos (and the drawings), thanks for sharing! I brought the camera but didn't even take it out. Following are my meager offerings. Given the heat, I think I was lucky to get even these. :-D

ChaosEtc
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ChaosEtc »

Here are John's. :-)

Last edited by ChaosEtc on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mossgate
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Mossgate »

I didn't make it to the Cave Creek SketchCrawl because I decided to attend the Occupy Wall Street/Phoenix rally in front of Phoenix City Hall. Most of my "sketching" was done in Photoshop this time. Was was too hot, sweaty, and tired by the time I got back. So check it out on my blog.
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

Such great sketches as always! John those came out great - so impressed with the detail - especially on the horses. You were much more dedicated to them than I! Annie - awesome! Great guillotine, poor John. :)

Aurora - hope you had a good time! Missed you at the crawl - will catch you at the next one!
Shreyas
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Shreyas »

Wonderful stuff! And lovely location as well! Looking forward to the next event .
Cheers
Shreyas
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

Thanks Shreyas!

Can't wait for the next crawl! Hope to see some more sketches form everyone from this one??
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Great sketches everyone!!!! Looks like the heat didn't stop anyone! It looks like a fun place to sketch with some western flair. Thanks for the photos and for sharing your work.

Return to “33rd World Wide SketchCrawl”