Decatur, GA, USA - RESULTS

October 15th 2011
MarilynnB
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Decatur, GA, USA - RESULTS

Post by MarilynnB »

Nine avid sketchers met in downtown Decatur, GA, a suburb of Atlanta, to participate in SketchCrawl #33. After a pleasant get-acquainted breakfast (7 of us were old hands at 'Crawling, 2 were new to our group) some of us set off to sketch in the town square and some wandered over to the campus of a nearby college. Those of us in town encountered an interesting problem. The park behind the Old Courhouse where we had planned to sketch was full of vendors setting up for a beer festival. Happy mobs swarmed around us and blocked our views. But they were obviously having a good time, so how could we do otherwise? Intrepid 'Crawlers all, we just plunked ourselves down in the midst of it all and went at it. Here are some of our group at work:
I managed to get two sketches into my journal by lunchtime:
I hope some of the rest of our group will post their sketches, too!
debora
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Decatur, GA, USA - RESULTS

Post by debora »

It's most fun to sketch when there is something unusual going on. Four of us watched the Beer Festival being set up around us.

Then we had to leave the festival area, so we moved to some nearby sidewalk cafe seating. Most of us sketched the colorful festival tents against the fall leaves. I sketched the sketchers, which was very relaxing after trying to capture the constantly-moving beer workers.

Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Re: Decatur, GA, USA - RESULTS

Post by Morrys »

Beautiful idea to sketch the festival, must have been fun, I also enjoyed the colors of the trees, I can guess how pleasant was to watch :-)

Return to “33rd World Wide SketchCrawl”