HiddenValley of Huntsville - ON- Canada [RESULTS]

January 21st 2012

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

HiddenValley of Huntsville - ON- Canada [RESULTS]

Post by Morrys »

This weekend we had took advantage of a Groupon and we went in HiddenValley, a skiresort area of Huntsville (where they did last 2010 G8 Summit in Canada) in the Muskoka Region in Ontario, 3 hours North-East of Toronto. This region is really famous because there are lots of classic Canadian environments that we can see on the paintings of the group of Seven ( see http://www.groupofsevenart.com/gallery.html) Although I don't have idea how they could paint with the freezing cold of this area, where days like Saturday (-15) are considered "warm".
Anyways, Annie, Kym and James were snowboarding, something I don't do, so was cool i could have time for my sketchcrawl sketches. I am not that good at all with landscapes and I also realized my watercolor were Freezing after few minutes outside! That's a funny and curious experience. Trying sketching without gloves can go only for few minutes as well, so I decided to finish most of the coloring inside, and I also did a comic of the most fun past of the day (Annie and I did handmade fleece penguin hats last spring so we were really happy we could finally wear them together), while we were doing Crazy carpeting with Kym and James.

Sophie Valenti
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: HiddenValley of Huntsville - ON- Canada [RESULTS]

Post by Sophie Valenti »

Your results are wonderful, happy atmosphere ! :thumbup: :clap:
CrowTalk
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

Post by CrowTalk »

Lovely sketches of wintertime there. I'm impressed you worked outside even part of the time. Great hats, too! :) Best wishes, Mary
Morrys
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Morrys »

I think I drew in that cold right because it was sketchcrawl, and it actually filled my afternoon right while the others were doing snowboard, so it worked out very well!
Plus, now I'll be able to tell to the people of Toronto that don't want to come out for drawing in winter or rainy days "I remember that time it was -15 with the snow up my knee..." hahaha no excuse when you're committed to something! They'll call me crazy :lol:
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

The cartoon of your day at the slopes is adorable, and your watercolor sketches of the mountain and the ski lodge are terrific. At least you had some fun subjects to sketch while your fingers and paints were freezing. LOL
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Looks like a beautiful place to sketch, as long as you could look out a window and sketch from indoors. I love your sketches of the scenery, but that cartoon is just wonderful! Looks like you all enjoyed the trip. Thanks for sharing your work.
Philippe56
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Philippe56 »

nice and amazing :clap: :clap:

Return to “34th World Wide SketchCrawl”