Erasers

Sketchbooks, pencils, pens, slabs of rock ... what's your latest discovery?

Moderator: Gerald

padilla
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler
Location: Leading Sketching & Painting Workshop Retreats Internationally

Erasers

Post by padilla »

One eraser will not serve all purposes...and there are many options: http://www.gardenandhearth.com/Sketchin ... Eraser.htm but for traveling light, which do you reach for?

Cynthia Padilla, art workshops blog:http://artinstructor.blogspot.com/
audrey.2120
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Erasers

Post by audrey.2120 »

I’m not really an expert on the matter or anything, but I think if I had to pick one I would probably pick a normal white vinyl eraser. Because that you can use for shading and blending as well as getting most unwanted lines and colors out of your drawing and correcting mistakes. I find rubber (or any kind of other) erasers aren’t half as good, they don’t do their job and smear the drawing.
Halo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Halo »

I personally tend to travel with a gray kneaded eraser.
it tends to be the best when I need to pick up and go at anytime.
|__________________________________[ *Halo* ]__________________________________|
¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤~Never Conscious; Ever Dreaming ~¤,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºo
Andrew
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Andrew »

I'm with Halo. The basic grey kneaded eraser is ye Ol' standby. Followed, not to closely by the basic white or grey "soap" eraser, and the old art gum eraser (Hold out from my old (pre Auto-CAD) drafting days.

Andrew
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum."
barney
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by barney »

Bit of a weird question but I do quite a few charity projects in Africa were Erasers are not easy to come by in the remote areas.
Does anybody have a idea how to make a basic erasers.Sorry for this weird question.I Goggled it but did not get any
positive results.
billycamryn
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by billycamryn »

I always buy Faber-Castell Dust-Free and the Vanish Erasers and other art supplies from JerrysArtarama's website. They are best for Erasing graphite pencil marks,Correcting art and creating negative space.
LisaAgnew
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by LisaAgnew »

@Barney
You can make an eraser out of bread in a pinch.... separate the bread inner bread from the crust and knead the inner bread into a ball.
You can google it there's a ton of videos about it, but its pretty basic :) hope this helps!

Return to “Materials”