markers and grey sketchbook

Sketchbooks, pencils, pens, slabs of rock ... what's your latest discovery?

Moderator: Gerald

joris
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

markers and grey sketchbook

Post by joris »

Ahoy!

I'm looking for markers that don't go trough the paper (so probably waterbased), with a flat thick head. Like markers one uses to highlight text, only then in grey. I know Stabilo used to have them, but they stopped producing them.

Also, i'm looking for a good hard cover sketchbook with colored paper, so you can accent highlights etc with white. So far i only found white sketchbooks, or sketchbooks with no good covers (so not travelproof).

It would be convinient if somebody knows a store in Belgium or the Netherlands (or somewhere near aachen in germany) where they sell these things, but internet stores are also a-ok! so is just a brand name...

I hope somebody could help me with my quest!
biga
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by biga »

I too have been looking for sketchbooks what have medium to light gray pages withough luck. The closest thing I've found is on the blick web site

http://www.dickblick.com/zz108/14/

It has a mix of Warm White, Hazel Brown, Ash, Felt Blue, Light Green, and Ivory pages. I believe they also have a rainbow of page color book. However I have not seen this in person and didn't want to buy one without seeing it.
katzenjammy
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by katzenjammy »

I have a rainbow-colored Fabriano sketchbook from Dick Blick. I like it a lot -- the colors are inspiring. It is not hard-bound. I use it with a Pigma Micron pen and watercolor pencils. I think it'd stand up to light gouche too.

Faber-Castell makes this nice set of grey artist's pens http://www.dickblick.com/zz207/59/#mainphoto which I plan to buy this weekend.
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

If you'd go for brush-markers, Faber Castell has some really nice ones, as does Tombow. Tombow's will run with water, but Faber-Castells are water safe.

I like the faber castell brush-markers a lot, but they lose their tip really fast...

Return to “Materials”