Saturday April 21st 2012

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

quirkyartist
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Sydney?

Post by quirkyartist »

Hi Sydneysiders,
Where will we go this time? It's a long time since we sketched at Cockatoo Island. Wet weather option would be to sketch those amazing old machines inside those huge sheds. That's my suggestions for what its worth.
Wendy
borrominibear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Sydney?

Post by borrominibear »

Hi Wendy,

I think that Cockatoo Island is a wonderful idea - we haven't had a sketchcrawl there for years and I know of some other sketchers that would love to go back there.

Liz
borrominibear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by borrominibear »

Ok... Cockatoo Island it is!

Cockatoo Island is the largest island in Sydney Harbour. It is a former imperial prison, industrial school, reformatory and gaol. It is also the site of one of Australia's biggest shipyards during the twentieth century- lots of the remnants of all the buildings are still there.

This unique island is located in Sydney Harbour, just a short ferry ride from Circular Quay and the centre of Sydney.

Meet at Circular Quay at 9am to catch the 9:10 ferry (I will not be there but there will be other members of the Sydeny Sketch Club there) If that doesn’t suit you – refer to the timetable below
http://www.sydneyferries.info/timetable ... island.htm

If raining we will head toward the Industrial Precinct where there are huge industrial sheds with lots to draw inside. Otherwise I will hang around the entry/café area for the first hour or so. Explore the island on your own or in groups.

If you want my mobile to contact me on the day – send me a private message or email (hit email me on this link http://www.blogger.com/profile/06180890583072227150)

We plan to meet up for lunch and a group photo and a group sketchbook photo at 12.30 at the café (near the entrance). After lunch we can continue sketching if you are in the mood. Ferries depart each hour.

Entry to the Island is free. (Ferry ticket is additional) There are no ATM facilities on the island. The Cockatoo Island Cafe offers a great variety of hot and cold meals, snacks, hot and cold drinks. Toilet facilities are located throughout the island

if you have never been to a sketchcrawl before please do come along! We would love to see you - we have a very friendly bunch of sketchers!!!

TO keep up with other sketching events in Sydney - please join the Sydney Sketch CLub http://www.meetup.com/art-494/
NoriRoll
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by NoriRoll »

Hey Guys. Crawler from Melbourne in Sydney for this one woo hoo! Not familiar with the ferry system but I'm sure I'll work it out :thumbup:

catch you guys soon
quirkyartist
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by quirkyartist »

That's great you can join us. Just come to the ferry wharves at Circular Quay. There are signs saying which wharves the ferries are leaving from. Look up cockatoo Island and go to that wharf. I'll be there carrying a folding chair.

Wendy
borrominibear
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by borrominibear »

Hi Nori!
So glad that you will be able to join us!!!! Looking forward to it

Liz

Return to “35th World Wide SketchCrawl”