Saturday April 21st 2012

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

Sandra Khoo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia (RESULTS)

Post by Sandra Khoo »

Hi all,

I will be hosting a group to go out sketching most probably at the Lake Gardens touring the National Monument,lakes,orchid garden,butterfly farm etc. as far as our feet can take us . Am not too sure how big or how small the group will be this year so I thought that this place would be ideal and we can also have a picnic luncheon together on that day. Please do spread the word around to whoever may be interested and let me know if you are interested. We may kick start it at 10am so it won't be too hot.

Details on some of the places we may visit :
Details to whoever is interested :

1) http://www.klbirdpark.com/ - Its kinda pricey to enter so I'll leave it to whoever is interested.

2) http://www.malaysian-explorer.com/kuala ... rdens.html

3) http://www.malaysian-explorer.com/klOrchidGarden.html

4) http://www.malaysian-explorer.com/klButterflyPark.html

Cheers and looking forward to meeting and sketching with y'all! Please don't forget to bring along your packed lunch for the Picnic Luncheon! :D
Last edited by Sandra Khoo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
milx
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia

Post by milx »

Awesome! Will be there :D
Sandra Khoo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Sandra Khoo »

Hi all,

The meeting place will be set at the National Monument/ Tugu Negara @ Lake Gardens @ 10 a.m. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Cheers!
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Oh how fun! Wish I could Teletransport there!

E
Sandra Khoo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Sandra Khoo »

Wish you could join too,Enrico! And you're always welcome to come to Malaysia anytime! :D
Sandra Khoo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Eric Tan

Post by Sandra Khoo »

Image Image
ImageImage

Here's the first submission from one of our team members that day,Eric Tan.
Last edited by Sandra Khoo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sandra Khoo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Kenny Ho

Post by Sandra Khoo »

And here's Kenny's submission of the day!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
This is Kenny's take on Milx while we were taking a break for lunch. Didn't quite get to settle at one spot to eat with everyone but we all had fun nonetheless.
ImageImage
No wonder I sensed I was being watches! XD Kenny did a quick sketch of me too while we were inside the Hatchery/Nursery building.
Last edited by Sandra Khoo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sandra Khoo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Milx

Post by Sandra Khoo »

This is Milx's submission for the event!
ImageImage
Last edited by Sandra Khoo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandra Khoo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Colin Tan

Post by Sandra Khoo »

Thank you both Colin and Nizam so much for making it to the Crawl!Hope you both have had a great time that day. :D
Here's Colin's set of sketches.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image[/img]
Sandra Khoo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Nizam Jamil

Post by Sandra Khoo »

And Here's Nizam's contribution to the Sketch Crawl day. :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sandra Khoo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

My contribution to SC

Post by Sandra Khoo »

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sandra Khoo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Photo Diary of the day

Post by Sandra Khoo »

ImageImage
We've arrived bang on time to kick off the Sketch Crawl day beginning at our National Monument. This day is certainly a treat and a lot of firsts for the entire team. This was actually their first ever glimpse of our Country's National Monument and it certainly took their breathe away. Eric didn't expect it to be THAT BIG!!!
ImageImageImage
They weren't happy with their sketches...but the day is still young with many more sketches to go through.
Chris made it in time to join us sketching at the monument.
ImageImage
Colin and Nizam finally found their way to the monument as well. Now everyone can say they KNOW where the monument is without getting lost next time 'round.
Here's a quikie peek at Kenny's masterpiece!
We then made the slow trek to our next destination towards the Butterfly Park.
But some of the guys didn't fancy forking out the cash to look at Butterflies when the bigger attraction atthe Bird Park was right next door. So we opted for that instead of Butterflies althought the group got to look at some of the insects up close at the souvenir store.
We all finally made it to the Bird Park and decided we will park ourselves there for the remainder of the day as the park's grounds were pretty extensive to cover. The heron was not amused by Milx's sketch of it and walked away.
ImageImage This Hornbill hopped on over to give the dudes a papaya fee to sketch it.
Stefanie & Chris had to seek temporary shelter elsewhere as we've found out later that poor Chris had unfortunately been bombarded by a flying Crane right on his head just a moment ago. That's a first for this KL's SC.
We all eventually took time out to feed ourselves with the ready made packed lunches we had initially brought for the picnic. But I didn't have the heart to trek everyone a couple of more kilometers to the lake where I had intended to have the picnic. Everyone was far too famished as the day progressed.
We ended the day with a charming lil Bird Show at the Amphitheater. The heat of the day had gotten to us and we were very thankful and relieved for a nice bit o break to be entertained by our feathered friends.
Image An opportunity to touch up.
All in all everyone said they have had a grand time that day and look forward to the next crawl,wherever the next location will be.
The team that day : Chris,Stef,Eric,Colin,Nizam,Kenny,Milx/Me!
IT'S A WRAP!!!!
If you like,you can check out all the photos taken that day at my Flickr site here :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/81755819@N00/

CHEERS FOLKS!!!
Last edited by Sandra Khoo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dognam
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia (RESULTS)

Post by Dognam »

Love the colourful parrot on the cross hatch wire
travelingsuep
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by travelingsuep »

Fantastic sketches KL and what fun photos. Looks an amazing day you all had. Well done everyone. :clap:

Sandra I love your cartoon of the bird wanting to eat your sketchbook and the side comment about the ringtone :lol:
Brindle
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Brindle »

Wow, it's easy to tell that your group had a fabulous time! Love the humor in the photos and the beautiful sketches and venues!
Dog artist, watercolor explorer, sketcher
My Flickr Page + My Blog & Site

Return to “35th World Wide SketchCrawl”