Houston, Texas, USA

Saturday April 13th 2013

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

Vivaldirules
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Houston, Texas, USA

Post by Vivaldirules »

Anyone up for a crawl in Houston? Rain seems highly unlikely to ever fall here again here so the weather's likely to be very good. Some place green with flowers might be nice for the watercolorists. The gardens at Bayou Bend (I was there a week ago) are gorgeous right now (I have no idea what they'll be like in two more weeks) with azaleas, etc. but would cost a $5 entry fee (gardens only) which is open 10 to 5 that day. I am very interested in wherever anyone wants to go but have yet to be able to make it to a crawl here so it's really not appropriate for me to suggest either a time or place. Any ideas? :shifty:
minigirl
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Houston, Texas, USA

Post by minigirl »

I might be able to join in. Discovery Green was good the last time we went there and there was plenty to draw. Unless there is a festival then it is just to busy and hard to park.
Vivaldirules
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Vivaldirules »

I would certainly be happy with Discovery Green. Or anywhere else, actually. Just fyi, the current 10-day forecast calls for sunny skies, 0% chance of rain, and a high of 81 F although that's a bit far away to know how accurate that will be. We can only hope.
minigirl
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by minigirl »

The Japanese Festival will be in Herman Park that weekend. Free admission - that would be different and colorful. http://japan-fest.info
DiandraMae
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by DiandraMae »

Hi guys,

My group won't be able to join y'all this time around. Our regional SCBWI conference is on the 13th, and we've all registered or (in my case) are organizers, so attendance is a must. However, we are talking about possibly going to Hermann Park one Saturday in early May for sketching. (And a visit to the Egyptian wing of HMNS this summer) When we get the dates hammered out, I'll post the info here in the forum. I hope you guys have a great time sketching!

Diandra Mae
Diandra Mae
Simply Fun Art!
Site: http://diandramae.com/
Blog:http://diandramae.blogspot.com/
longlynn
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by longlynn »

I vote for Japanese Festival. I might be able to make it this Saturday. If i am going, there will be two of us. My dad will join me too.
Vivaldirules
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Vivaldirules »

I agree. What time and place should we meet? The festival starts at 10:00 and is at Hermann Park’s Reflection Pool and Japanese Garden. I assume I would be in the park long before 10:00.
longlynn
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by longlynn »

Sorry, guys, just found out I can't go to Japanese Festival. We need to go to galveston this Saturday. I'll still do sketching there and post the result later. Hope everyone have fun sketching!! :thumbup: :D

Return to “39th World Wide SketchCrawl”