Sydney, Australia

Saturday July 13th, 2013

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

davidjack
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Sydney, Australia

Post by davidjack »

New Sketchcrawl! That might be my last one before moving to Taipei :) let's talk places!
quirkyartist
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Sydney, Australia

Post by quirkyartist »

I will come David. You name the place. I will be away for a while, but back in plenty of time for the sketchcrawl.
Wendy
jdenel
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jdenel »

David and Wendy (is there anybody else out there?)

One of the members of Sydney Sketch Club had given me a flyer for bastille day french-themed north sydney markets which she liked the sound of which coincides with this particular date, so if forum participants don't organise anything amongst themselves they are most welcome to come and join us in the morning - full details of that meet-up will go out as a SSC invitation hopefully early next week, if the subject/location appeals to you as well ?
cheers jennifer
quirkyartist
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by quirkyartist »

Reading this from a restaurant just off the Monkey Forest Rd overlooking a ricefields. Leaving the decision of a venue to David as it is his last sketchcrawl in Sydney. Back soon.
Wendy
JoshBowman
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by JoshBowman »

Hi all! Just signed up and haven't been to a Sydney SketchCrawl before, I'd like to join you on Saturday, has there been a final decision on where? North Sydney sounds nice, I feel like a bit of a drive.
jdenel
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jdenel »

tried to send you an email through your profile but it wouldn't go through - anyway this was reply I was going to give you

josh - just saw your comment on the forum - I am the current organiser of sydney sketch club (http://www.meetup.com/art-494/) and we go out every 2-3 weeks sketching at all different places - have to admit that I don't understand how the ISC concept works as although anybody can posto an idea here, there still needs to be someone who takes responsibility for organising the activity - yet no one else has ? anyway although SSC is sketching on the day of this sketchcrawl I get the impression that our outing might not be sanctioned as an official sketchcrawl? anyway below is the information I posted in meetup and as I said above anyone who reads this is welcome to join the 33 people who have responded - if you decide to join sydney sketch club you would receive an email inviting you to each meetup I organise in future (circus on 20th national tree day on 28th coming up)

The regular organic markets will have a special French theme to celebrate Bastille Day. Enjoy a day in the park with baguette, fromage et du vin, a flea market, petanque on the grass, along with French music.

WHERE EXACTLY TO MEET

The markets are held on the large grassed area between the North Sydney Council Building and the Stanton Library. Meet Jennifer immediately in front of the painted mural (you can’t miss it!).

GETTING THERE

Hop a train to North Sydney Station (take the Pacific Highway exit) and walk up Miller Street, to the block between McLaren and Ridge Streets.

Bus routes 202 203 and 207 will take you from the city up Miller Street (one “dip” of a Zone 2 ticket). Check www.131500.com.au for maps and timetables.

WHERE TO PARK IF TRAVELLING BY CAR

There is free parking (unsure if a time limit?) in the Council Car Park * enter from Ridge Street, but remember you will be “fighting” for space with the vegie shoppers ! I find it easier to park a couple of streets away where there won’t be “business hours” restrictions on the weekend.

LUNCH

If the weather holds out, obviously the market stalls should present enough options for al fresco picnic on the grass mound in front of the mural.

INTERNATIONAL SKETCHCRAWL

Please note that this coincides with the date set for the world wide sketch crawl (a phenomenon started in December 2004 in San Francisco, it seems from the website by Enrico although Gerald, CyberDave and PaintMonster now moderate the forum). At the time of agreeing to post the above idea for sketch club there was very little discussion on the forum (viewtopic.php?f=66&t=10519) as to what Sydney might be doing this quarter. SSC members may like to use that link to see if participant David has decided to organise something more formal before he departs Sydney, in which case you could have another option to consider for your sketching activity next weekend.
JoshBowman
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by JoshBowman »

Thanks for the info Jennifer! I'd have loved to join you on Saturday but some work has popped up that I need to get done and it looks like all the train lines to North Sydney are closed for track repair this weekend :thumbdown: I've signed up for your group on meetup though so hopefully i can join you all next time.

Return to “40th World Wide SketchCrawl”