LONDON, UK

Saturday July 13th, 2013

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

gingermoggy
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

LONDON, UK

Post by gingermoggy »

Anyone want to join me at Somerset House starting at 11am? Lovely architecture, views of the river at the back, easy for transport of every kind as well as cafes and 'coveniences' :wink: !
chrism
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: LONDON, UK

Post by chrism »

Count me in...
saffro
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by saffro »

I'm in :>!
gingermoggy
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by gingermoggy »

oooh...and Waterloo bridge is right there - so some great views as long as the weather holds! :lol:
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

I will be there!
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

Hi London Sketchcrawlers!
Sara and I would like to join you at Somerset House for WWSC 40, if you can tolerate a couple (more) yankees. I alerted Tom D via Private Message. Where should we look for you? :?
Mark Fletcher and Sara Chang (PS I will not bring my Armadillo, promise)
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/mark-fletcher
gillianimation
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by gillianimation »

Hi, I would like to join you guys too *if* the weather is good. No more freezing, wet sketchcrawl days for me thanks! Somerset house sounds perfect! What time do you meet?

- Gillian
gingermoggy
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by gingermoggy »

I'm thinking 11am inside the front gates through the arch (driveway), just before you get to the big courtyard with the fountain thingys??

The Entrance to the Courtauld gallery is also under the arch on the right, just in case anyone wants some KULCHA!
I'll be the one on wheels! :)
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

I've just found out that the Drawing London On Location meetup group is meeting tomorrow. They will be sketching along the Limehouse Cut:
http://www.meetup.com/Drawing-London-on ... grp&rv=md1

They usually have a good turnout. The last time that the Sketchcrawl and meetup groups merged was our biggest event ever.
They will be heading south along the canal from Hackney Wick to Three Mills beginning at 10:45. After an hour there they will take the Limehouse Cut to the Thames where they will meet at a pub at 16:00. How about if we meet as planned at Somerset House, then catch up with them en route?

The District Line will be closed along that stretch on Saturday, so I suggest that we take the DLR to Pudding Mill Lane. We can walk there to the canal and join the other group.

What does everyone think of that plan?
gingermoggy
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by gingermoggy »

Probably a good idea for the day. I can't do it because I'm in a wheelchair but I think it's a good opportunity to meet a LOT of other like minds! Go for it!

I shall bow out of this one and do my own thing. :thumbup:
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

Hi Gingermoggy,

I'd rather find something that we can ALL do, epecially because we'd missed joining up with you on an earlier sketchcrawl. Three Mills Island seems wheelchair accessable, and from what I recall the Limehouse Cut had ramps as well as steps. What if we all did Somerset House in the morning and then joined the Meetup group at Three Mills for the second half?

On the one hand, Somerset House probably offers better opportunities for people watching and for architecture, on the other hand the Meetup is a better chance to meet other sketchers. It would be worth it to catch a cab to the pub where they plan to meet after the crawl (http://www.gordonramsay.com/thenarrow/find-us/) no matter where we decide to go.

Tom
Rocketboots
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Rocketboots »

I might be going as well, are people still meeting at Somerset House at 11? How long are you planing to stay there for?
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

Yes, it will be Somerset House at 11am, and we will decide what to do when we get there.

Tom

Return to “40th World Wide SketchCrawl”