Wellington, New Zealand

Saturday October 19th, 2013

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

Kiwibear
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Wellington, New Zealand

Post by Kiwibear »

Hi, the sketching group Wellington Sketchers will be joining in the Worldwide Sketchcrawl #41 on Sat 19th October 2013. We are currently deciding where to hold the sketchcrawl, so visit our website at http://www.wellingtonsketchers.blogspot ... etups.html and leave a comment to make or support a suggestion of where to hold our sketchcrawl. We really enjoyed the last winter one, so we will hope for a nice, warm, spring day for the upcoming sketchcrawl. Newcomers and beginner sketchers, as well as regulars and experienced sketchers, are all welcome. Basically, we just meet at a location at the agreed time and sketch in around the chosen area. Afterwards we meet in a cafe for a coffee. Details of the time & place will be posted on our website and on this site around 1 October.
Kiwibear
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Wellington, New Zealand

Post by Kiwibear »

If you want to meet up with us on Saturday, here are the details:
When: Sat 19 October 2013
Where: Days Bay (Beach and Jetty). Days Bay is on the other side of the harbour from Wellington city.
Meet at: 10.30am around the jetty / beach area.
How to get there: Drive (parking is easy), Days Bay Ferry, or the 083 bus. For links to timetables etc, visit http://wellingtonsketchers.blogspot.co. ... wl-41.html.
Rsvp: you are welcome to just turn up, but if you want to be kept apprised of (a) weather cancellations, (b) me being late because my car won't start etc, then you will need to email me your mobile phone number by the night before: Wellington dot Sketchers @ gmail dot com.

Hope to see you there!
Kiwibear
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Sketches we did

Post by Kiwibear »

We have had some astonishingly windy and rainy days this week, but today dawned sunny and calm, thank goodness. Days Bay was beautiful, as you can see, and we sketched from the jetty all morning, finishing up in the cafe for a coffee. I had such a fun morning sketching with Jon, who it turns out is also a fellow sci-fi fan and we have watched most of the same sci-fi series.

Days Bay, Wellington by WellingtonSketchers, on Flickr

John tried out some new graphite pencils from the UK. Love this sketch.

Worldwide Sketchcrawl 41: Wellington NZ, Days Bay by WellingtonSketchers, on Flickr

I sketched the fishermen standing and sitting near us. Fishermen make great sketching subjects since they tend to stand still. The seagulls were very talkative...

Worldwide Sketchcrawl 41: Wellington NZ, Days Bay 3 by Kiwibear153, on Flickr

Worldwide Sketchcrawl 41: Wellington NZ, Days Bay 2 by Kiwibear153, on Flickr

I used to live in the Miramar hills which you can see in the background, and used to look out to these bays over here from my living room each day. Paradise...

Finally, I gave my watercolour pencils a go for the first time while sketching on location.

Worldwide Sketchcrawl 41: Wellington NZ, Days Bay 1 by Kiwibear153, on Flickr

Sketching at Days Bay by Kiwibear153, on Flickr

I have previously always had my watercolour pencils and waterbrushes with me, but found rummaging through a pencil case a bit frustrating. So I sewed three separate pencil rolls for them, and found it jolly handy, especially when sketching in a breeze (no pencils rolling away).

Watercolour pencil rolls by Kiwibear153, on Flickr

So, we had a terrific morning, and thanks again to Enrico for organising this international sketchcrawl event!
trevoredavies
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by trevoredavies »

Hi Wellington great to see another city has joined us from New Plymouth,keep it up love your work.
Trevor :thumbup:
Kiwibear
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Kiwibear »

Thank you!

Return to “41st World Wide SketchCrawl”