Saturday October 19th, 2013

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

saffro
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post by saffro »

Hey Atlantans

Do you guys have suggestions where to sketch? I'm near Emory, but would love to hear your opinions.

Lemme know if you wanna meet up!!
debora
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: ATLANTA, GA USA

Post by debora »

Excited to see your message. How about you pick a place and time? If I'm in town I'll be there.

In the past we've sketched several times in downtown Decatur and once on Emory's campus, though only 2 people showed up to the one on Emory's campus. It wasn't a good day anyway; the entrances to the campus were blocked for a Winship cancer run.
saffro
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by saffro »

Hm, do you have any suggestions? I'm quite new to sketchcrawls and you seem like a veteran at these hehe!

I'm a student at Emory, but if the group is mostly centered elsewhere, I'm fine with switching it up. Do you know what the most successful places were in the past?
erlingingi
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by erlingingi »

I'm planning to join, and Emory works really well for me. :thumbup:
saffro
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by saffro »

Awesome :>!!

I guess Oct. 10-12th I'll finalize the details here, but for now if everyone is good with crawling around Emory, that may be the tentative gathering spot!
Kmcgah
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Kmcgah »

I am new to the board and I would like to attend the sketch crawl. Can I get some details? I live near Emory so location is good for me.
debora
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by debora »

Saffro, are you still there?
Erling or Kmcgah, feel free to jump in and propose a meeting place and time. Kmcgah, it's great to meet another Atlanta sketcher.
I plan to do something out of town on Saturday and don't expect to be able to make the sketchcrawl this time.
erlingingi
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by erlingingi »

How about meeting at 12.30 on the Emory campus, in the courtyard between Cannon Chapel, Bishops Hall, and White Hall. It looks like this:
http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/file/12529
There is some good sketching around the quad.
You can recognize me as I'll most likely be wearing my trusty green painting hat, I'll be riding my bike there.
hope to see someone there
Cheers
Erling
Debo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Debo »

I am a sketcher in SE Georgia, and live too far away to come on the 19th. Glad to see interest in sketching in the Atlanta area! Be sure to post your sketches in the Urban Sketching Facebook and Flickr groups.

Return to “41st World Wide SketchCrawl”