Houston, TX USA

Saturday January 25th, 2014

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

Amani
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Houston, TX USA

Post by Amani »

This will be my first SketchCrawl. Anyone in the Houston area doing it? I live in League City, but will probably be inside the Loop during the day anyway.
Amani
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Houston, TX USA

Post by Amani »

I've sent an e-mail to the Menil Collection to see if they allow people to sketch the sculptures indoors since admission is free and if the weather is warm enough we could sketch outside. (I don't have much hope that it will be warm though.)

If they say no, I'll think of another indoor / outdoor place.
Amani
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Amani »

The Menil Collection was very welcoming about having people come in to sketch HOWEVER they have an event tomorrow that will make them very busy. So I will keep them in mind for another time (FYI they mentioned bringing no wet media - pencil or charcoal only, and no sitting on the floor for safety reasons).

Since no one else has posted, and our weather has been unfriendly I'm going to sketch on my own this time and hopefully have a place set for a future Sketchcrawl in case anyone wants to drop in.
Vivaldirules
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Vivaldirules »

I'm sorry I was too busy to participate or even check the forum this time. There are some people who participate in Houston but I've only been able to make it to one crawl here. I hope you will try again the next time. The Menil would have been a great place to sketch and my impression is that they are very welcoming to sketchers though perhaps not with paint. The MFAH welcomes sketchers, too, but only with pencil and sometimes not in traveling exhibits.

Return to “42nd World Wide SketchCrawl”