Wellington, New Zealand

Saturday January 25th, 2014

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

Kiwibear
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Wellington, New Zealand

Post by Kiwibear »

Wellington Sketchers met up on Oriental Parade to sketch around the area of the Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club. It is a lovely area with a great view of the harbour, one of the Welligton's marinas, and the line of blue boatsheds.

Looking out across the Harbour towards the Tararua Ranges and the Hutt Valley.

Looking out across the waterfront towards the RPNYC and the boatsheds.

It was lovely to see everyone again in the New Year. As always, I am in awe of everyone's amazing sketching and painting styles.

Here are Jon's sketches. Jon was using a snazzy new pen/pencil to great effect - must get one too!

Here are Don's sketches: I love the penwork, line and tone.

Here is Jennifer's sketch. Somehow I missed taking a photo of her amazing second one of people sitting by the waterfront. Sorry Jennifer! I love the shading on these. I could imagine it being a book illustration.

Here is Sharon's sketch. Love the colours!

Here are my sketches:

My first go at a panoramic sketch.

I sketched the Monastery, which is high on the hill behind Wellington. I had never noticed before how many native Pohutakawa trees are in front of the Monastery. These flower red in summer and would look amazing in front of the Monastery when in flower.

Here is my sketch of Jon sketching. Actually, this could be any carbon-based lifeform - it looks not very much like Jon... ;o)

I sketched people loading and unloading their sailboats in front of the boat houses. There was sort of a wooden platform a few metres out in the water.

Finally, while standing on Oriental Parade waiting for my husband to pick me up, I sketched one of the many stairways which line Wellington's steep hillsides and connect the streets. This one is pretty obvious, but often their entrances and exits are easily missed and you tend to notice them only when people seem to just magically pop out of places.

We had a lovely day enjoyed the idea that people all over th eworld were sketching their cities today too.

jean-mi
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Wellington, New Zealand

Post by jean-mi »

Great pen sketches. Harmonius monastery !

Return to “42nd World Wide SketchCrawl”