Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Tallahassee Florida USA CALL TO CRAWL

Post by markfletcher »

Hello Tallahasee/Leon & Wakulla County Sketchcrawlers:
Any suggestions where to meet for the 43rd crawl Saturday April 19th? :?: Let's try to get a consensus.
IF not we could even have more than one group & meet at more than one location--We have over 50 interested artists on my reminder list now.
Mark
Mark Fletcher, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
"Don't Hurry, Be Happy!" = copyrighted trademark
https://sites.google.com/prod/view/markfletcher
JoyceR
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Tallahassee Florida USA CALL TO CRAWL

Post by JoyceR »

Whoa! April 19th is the LeMoyne Chain of Parks Art Festival. That's a shame, but I suppose the logical thing would be to meet at the park and do our sketching during the event. What does everyone think about that?
Joyce R.
MaryLizTippinMoody
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler
United States of America

Post by MaryLizTippinMoody »

The suggestion to do a sketchcrawl at the LeMoyne Chain of Parks is a great one! I was going to be there too on Saturday, so count me in if that's the plan. It makes a good way to enjoy a day of art appreciation with people watching and sketchcrawling. I hope this can work out! Thanks!
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

I saw Mary Sterner Lawson last night. She also wants to do Sketchcrawl at Chain of Parks. :thumbup:
JoyceR
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by JoyceR »

Even though we don't have a huge response to the call for a location, I do think most of our friends would seriously enjoy a day in the park during this annual festival. Hopefully, it won't rain!
JohnB
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by JohnB »

The Lemoyne Chain of Parks! I always call them "that long strip-park thing downtown, you know, along *Park*?", but this could be better. Those Park park things are always great -- trees, food trucks, vendor kiosks, people eating messy food, children rampaging through the undergrowth. One caveat, if you like seated sketching the seats are usually at a premium, lots of footsore artlovers hogging the benches, so you might want to bring a folding chair.

This weekend, April 12 to 13, there's going to be a comicbook convention at the Civic Center : ALT*Con. 10 bucks a day, 15 for two, but should be worth it for the cosplayers and artist rooms alone. Lots of panels too, from geekie crafting -- "How to Build a Better Blaster, Dalek, or Communicator Prop Fabrication" to DIY dissemination -- "Hearing Voices: Podcasting 101". Regardless of personal interest in the subject matters, there'll be chairs to sit on and panelists and attendees sitting in them so they're a good venue for surreptitious portraiture.

The link is here - http://www.tallahassee.altconflorida.com/

And if you want to buddy up for it send me a message here or, better yet, give me a call at 339-0377.

John
markfletcher
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by markfletcher »

Hi Sketchcrawlers:

1. Spring World Wide Sketchcrawl #43 is this very next Saturday April 19th (the first day of weekend following this week) Since posting the reminder about this on Feb 18th) we have had unanimous responses here and verbally to meet at Chain of Parks Art Festival to draw. Lots of opportunities to sketch people, activity, architecture; plus food and restrooms.
Arrive/Leave anytime.
:thumbup: Let’s plan to meet about 1 pm at LeMoyne Art Center front porch (125 N.Gadsden St, a half block north of Park Ave [and 2 blocks east of Monroe St.]) to take a group/art photos and decide what to do for lunch. :wave:
(if we miss you and you need help posting images, please email me)

2. If you participated in the Phipps Gallery Exhibit, art pick up is 4-5 pm on Sunday, the 20th at the Tallahassee Museum .
Questions? Please call Sarah Wagoner. If you can’t pickup on the 20th, please call or email Sarah Wagoner
make arrangements to pick up that week.

Thanks for drawing and participating in the exhibit!
Mark

Return to “43rd World Wide SketchCrawl”