Saturday April 19th, 2014

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post by crgcas »

Oh wow, another one snuck up on me? Anyone free to sketch in the greater Phoenix area?
cindydiblasi
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Phoenix, AZ USA

Post by cindydiblasi »

Hi crgcas! I haven't crawled since 2011, before I had a baby who now keeps me so busy! I met you at the Desert Botanical Garden with my sketch group and you introduced me to watercolor journaling. If you can, let's meet up for the next one! I'll try to gather up some artist friends to join as well. Went to DBG yesterday anyway, and did a few sketches and I'll post when my son takes a nap. It's heating up already, so we should def pick something indoors. Have any good ideas?
cindydiblasi
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Phoenix, AZ USA [Results]

Post by cindydiblasi »

I decided last minute to sketch with a friend at the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix, AZ. She is a brand new crawler, so hopefully next time she'll set up a SketchCrawl account. Spring here is quickly heating up to summer, and I wanted to capture the blooms while they last. Here are some sketches from Saturday morning. It's been about 3 years since I last participated, and I thoroughly enjoyed getting back out and sketching again!

Imageimg020 by cindydiblasi, on Flickr

Imageimg021 by cindydiblasi, on Flickr

Imageimg022 by cindydiblasi, on Flickr
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

Hey cindydiblasi! We *almost* went to the DBG but ended up crawling around up north here. I look forward to seeing you at the next crawl but glad to here there were other sketchers here in the valley. I'll post a few sketches later tonight as well.These look great! Looks like it was fun!
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

So we kind of winged-it for this SketchCrawl. First we explored some new trails nearby that were recommended. After not finding a good place to sit we grabbed a few cactus skeletons back to a pavilion to sketch. 1/2 way through the sketch someone brought their puppy over to greet us and the puppy sat on/shattered the skeletons. We moved on to Cave Creek for the next leg of the crawl and got a few sketches in of some of the sculptures there before calling it a day and moving on to Easter Egg painting.

Image Image

The kids were very productive and had a great time:
Image Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

See you all next crawl!
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

...a photo of the smooshed skeleton:

...and 2 (also from Cave Creek) from crawl 42 in my sketchbook that I never got around to posting. (going to be more disciplined for the next crawl)

Image Image
cindydiblasi
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by cindydiblasi »

These are great! I am SO looking forward to the day that I can bring my son with me to sketch. We did watercolor eggs as well. He loved it, and didn't want to stop which made me extra happy! The next crawl I'd like to tell more of a story with illustrations and text and take lots of pics. Hopefully we can encourage a good size group!
HRH CC
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by HRH CC »

Lovely sketches, neighbors! :wink: Looks like you had fun!
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Cindy your flowers are beautiful.

Love the other sketches too. Sorry the dog sat on your subjects, but it looks like you were able to get some sketching done anyway.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Return to “43rd World Wide SketchCrawl”