San Francisco "City" - California

Saturday July 12th, 2014

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

trnoble
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

San Francisco "City" - California

Post by trnoble »

Where would everybody like to meet at in the city for the 44th sketchCrawl? The last one was in North Beach.
gary
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: San Francisco "City" - California

Post by gary »

Where would you like? There seems to be a small eastbay movement to go to the UCBerkeley campus, but there could be an SF crawl too. Some of my location drawing class might like to participate, but I'm using all of my best location ideas on them already (including UCB) so I'm open to suggestions.
trnoble
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by trnoble »

Some ideas listed with their highlights:

Ghirardelli Square: Ocean view, boats, park with smiling people (vacationing tourists), some city scape

Presidio: Trees, buildings, cannons, ocean and bridge view, some people, Disney exhibit – Mary Blair and Marc Davis

(New) China Basin Park Area (behind AT&T stadium): ships and boats, industrial, large building and shipping cranes, rugged city and dock area

(New) Union Street Area(Union St/Divisadero): Historical houses and mansions, classical architectural details (in great condition), doors and windows, chimneys, roofs, high scenic ocean views, flowers, trees
mconleysf
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mconleysf »

I like the idea of Ghirardelli Square. The old ships there are beautiful. Cable cars, tourists, chocolate!
trnoble
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by trnoble »

Hey guys it is getting close! Please respond with your preference.
bkerr
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by bkerr »

Ghirardelli Square sounds good. Say, 10:00am? I think there is a little fountain at the center that would make a good starting landmark.

We could go west to presidio for the ending meetup or east to pier 39.
trnoble
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by trnoble »

OK! Ghirardelli Square is the place. At the little fountain in the plaza, nicely sheltered in case it is cool in the morning. 10 ish is the time.

Return to “44th World Wide SketchCrawl”