San Francisco, CA USA

Saturday January 31st, 2015

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

dcolivier
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

San Francisco, CA USA

Post by dcolivier »

So glad to see there's a sketch crawl coming up for the new year!!! Looking forward. Maybe a return to 24th St??
dcolivier
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: San Francisco

Post by dcolivier »

I've never been on a crawl thru Bernal Heights - any interest in that??? Could meet and finish at Progressive grounds, they have an outdoor area.
LaurieW
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by LaurieW »

I think a Bernal Heights Sketchcrawl is a great idea. It would be fun to have a mob of people wandering around the top of the hill together. As for meeting places, the Progressive Grounds cafe does have a lot of seating, but these days seems to be packed at all hours. The Chamalyn tea place across the street (on Cortland between Bennington and Bocana) is usually empty—but they don't have coffee. If there's a large crowd, I think the best spot is the library (Cortland at Andover). There's a mini ampitheater with concrete steps on the left side, and a sunny area with benches on the right.
susancornelis
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by susancornelis »

Never done a sketchcrawl in San Francisco before, but my friend and I would like to come (from Sebastopol) on the 31st. What times do you usually meet and how does it work? It looks like you're still deciding on a starting location. Do you meet up at the end of the day or what?
melmar838
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: San Francisco, CA USA

Post by melmar838 »

Excited to participate for the first time!
dcolivier
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by dcolivier »

yes, the routine has been people find the city they'll be in on the day of the Crawl and see what people are deciding. Everyone is free to suggest. In the past two things then happen: it seems pretty clear that there's one place people want to go and that's it OR 2) a moderator steps in when there are several places people seen torn between and there's a vote. It seems that as of today Bernal seems to be the spot!
dcolivier
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by dcolivier »

What about Chamalyn for tea, 317 Courtland Ave at 10am as a start point, then crawl up Bocana Street to Bernal Hill for some great views then down Anderson Street and meet at the Library on Courtland at the outside amphitheater (on the east side of the library) for a wrap up at 4pm? I can't' remember how to upload photos so heres a link to a map: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s267/sh/ ... 544f1b250f
dcolivier
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by dcolivier »

as there were no other postings of other places to go I'm going to be doing the Bernal Heights route I outlined above. I hope there are other people out there in SF that will be joining the crawl! See you tomorrow.
LaurieW
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by LaurieW »

I'll be there, and a bunch of people have signed up on SF Sketchers.

Return to “46th World Wide SketchCrawl”