Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (RESULTS)

Saturday April 23rd, 2016

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

RebeccaArtist
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (RESULTS)

Post by RebeccaArtist »

We'll be sketching in the Cultural Precinct in Evandale (where the Arts Centre is!) from 1:30pm onward. There's quite a variety of things to sketch: park landscaping, water views, a sculpture trail, buildings, people... There's a gallery and a cafe there as well and we may tack a visit to one or the other at the start or the end. Although there are lots of parking spots and some are still free parking spots, a lot of Evandale's parking is now paid parking.

See https://www.facebook.com/groups/SketchCrawlGoldCoast/ for more info and how to actually find everyone.
RebeccaArtist
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (RESULTS)

Post by RebeccaArtist »

We had a great day out with seven participants, our largest group so far!

We met up at the cafe at the Gold Coast Arts Centre and then looped through the sculpture trail. The weather was perfect (a nice cool fall day) and the park was popular, with a large group gathered for an outdoor picnic complete with shade tents, people paddle-boarding and swimming, a group of young dancers practicing a dance routine, exercisers, sun-bathers, and, of course, us!

We drew people, skylines, trees, sculptures and more, ending up at the chapel...where I must confess we did very little drawing and a great deal of talking, drinking tea, and eating apple cake instead.

All in all a fantastic afternoon.

Check out all our sketches at https://www.facebook.com/groups/SketchCrawlGoldCoast/.
Nette_54
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (RESULTS)

Post by Nette_54 »

I had a lovely time at the SketchCrawl, the weather was perfect and I made some new friends. Thank you Rebecca for organising the afternoon.

[*]Image002 by Annette Ross, on Flickr

[*]Image001 by Annette Ross, on Flickr

[*]Imagepond with ducks and turtles by Annette Ross, on Flickr

Return to “51st World Wide SketchCrawl”