James Jean

Who or what makes you want to draw

Moderator: Gerald

Nadine
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

James Jean

Post by Nadine »

I came across this artist's site a couple years ago. James is a phenominal artist, but his sketchbooks blow me away. His draftsmanship is incredible and the compositions truly beautiful. My favorite is his Vienna book.

http://jamesjean.com
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

James Jean does rock ...
interestingly he's gonna have an artshow next month at Super 7 here in SF ... right after Ronnie's and mine wraps up .... I very much look forward to that !

E
beet
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by beet »

I had the chance to browse through his sketchbooks in flesh at the comiccon a few years ago. Such great objects, full of life. His travel books have been definitly inspirational for me too. If you have the chance to go to that exposition, do it.
Nadine
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Nadine »

Wow, didn't know he'd have his work up at Super 7. I'll need to go check it out! Any idea when it will be up?

And thanks for introducing me to Tadahiro Uesugi's work. There's a feeling of grace in all of his pieces. Very beautiful.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

The opening is on April 8th I believe ... I think it's the weekend of the Alternative Press Expo as well ...

Glad you like Tadahiro ... hard not to eh ?
X)

E
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

The Process Recess book is really awesome. I briefly chatted this weekend with James at Ape and at a gallery opening ... his books was sold out pretty soon at the con ... I highly recommend it ...
Love the travelling sketches in it ...

more sketches here
http://www.processrecess.com/

E

Return to “Inspirations”