Tuscon Museum of Art
No votes

Total votes: 6

alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Tucson, Arizona- US

Post by alanna »

Just thought I'd get the ball rolling on this one!
Last edited by alanna on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Glad you started it Alanna, but can you pls edit your post subject to read:
Tucson- Arizona- USA. That's the way the forum wants them listed. Thanks.
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Thx. Now we are all legal.

The end of March is a good time for us weather wise and I think that we should probably be in the middle of a desert bloom, so let's come up with some ideas.

My first thoughts: Desert Museum, Tohono Chul park, Sabino Canyon, but I don't like doing landscapes and would hope for some architecture or people thrown in the mix.

Ok girls, start thinking!
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

For all the regulars: I just took a workshop at the Desert Museum, "Pocket Sketching" with Kath Macauley which was wonderful. There were 15 in the class and I gave them the poop on the sketchcrawl, so I hope we have some new people on this crawl.

Ok for all of my workshop new friends: Please don't be shy about joining us for a day of sketching and camaraderie. All of the regulars are really nice girls and you will make some new sketching friends plus continue to improve your new skills. (The only way to get better is to DO IT). Just join the sketchcrawl forum and enter into our discussion. I look forward to seeing ALL of you on this and future crawls!
TeriC
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by TeriC »

Oh Donna, I have always wanted to take a class there and forgot to look and see the offerings. Darn it.

I have to bow out of this crawl as my daughter and SIL are coming to visit. I can't wait to see all the sketches.

Teri
TeriC
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

This message from Helen Gaus offering suggestions:

Okay, My favorite places to sketch are at the UofA barns on Allen and Campbell. Please take a look and see what you think. On the east side of Campbell are the bovine: calves, bulls, cows, architecture, the milking barn. On the west side of Campbell between Allen and Limberlost are fields of sheep, horses, architecture, beef cattle and sometimes pigs who are such fun to sketch
TeriC
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by TeriC »

You mean anyone can go there at anytime? I don't live too far from there. Right Alanna?

Teri
TeriC
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

I don't know Teri, maybe Helen will chime in and let you know.
Norma Galindo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

March sketchcrawl

Post by Norma Galindo »

Hello everyone,

I'm one of the newbies Donna invited from the class at the Desert Museum. I am really excited about joining up with this group. I just spent the day with Donna and several others sketching at Ventana Canyon. It was a wonderful experience. Looking forward to March.
Norma
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Well, Norma may be a newbie to this group, but she is definitely NOT a newbie to drawing. Wait until you see her landscape drawings--fab!
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

I'm throwing downtown Tucson into the March location suggestions. If you all will post suggestions, on or around March 20, I will make a poll on this forum and you will be able to vote on location. The democratic way!
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

I'm flexible on location. I'd like something with variety, though. downtown, campus are all good. I've never been to the barn area...hmmmm...animals are always challenging.

for all the newbies ( and the regulars) I'm making some sketchcrawl stickers (basically I'm printing out the sketchcrawl logo but I've added Tucson, AZ on them) they're kind of small...but they'll be fun...now if free stickers doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will!
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Alanna--aren't you the nice one!

Ok, more thoughts--Tubac, 4th Avenue

Does anyone else have any suggestions?
maryr
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Tucson-Arizona-USA

Post by maryr »

Hello All,
Here is another idea for the next crawl:

Tucson Museum of Art
Spring Artisan's Market
March 28, 2008 - March 30, 2008
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Welcome in the new season by doing some spring shopping at the Tucson Museum of Art's 16th Annual Spring Artisan's Market! Featuring more than 120 of the Southwest’s finest artisans, there is something for every taste.

Spring Artisans Market features some of the finest artisans in the Southwest selling a wide variety of exquisite, handmade works including: glass art, pottery, jewelry, wood, metal, leather, photography, furniture, textiles, watercolor, mixed media and much, much more.

Major exhibition on view during the event – Changing Hands: Art without Reservation 2, and its the last weekend to visit El Nacimiento. And don't forget to visit the Goodman Pavilion of Western Art and the Palice Pavilion/Art of the Americas.

FREE ADMISSION TO THE MUSEUM AND MARKET!

Members: Admission is free
Non-Members: Admission is free
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Another good suggestion from Mary.

I will be putting up a voting poll by the 22nd on this forum and you can vote on preferred location, so if you have an idea that you want considered, please put it in writing here. Thanks.

Return to “18th World Wide SketchCrawl”