Los Angeles

Saturday October 25th 2008
John Juan
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Los Angeles

Post by John Juan »

I'm hoping to make the next crawl here in L.A. My schedule is a little unpredictable lately. Does anyone else in L.A. interested?

-John
John Juan
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Los Angeles

Post by John Juan »

Ok, the date is October 25th. Come on! Where's Los Angeles at?? Let's post some ideas of where to meet.

-John ...or is it Juan?
Ice-Cream Monster
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Ice-Cream Monster »

Yea, LA has a SketchCrawl group.

Do you have any location you would like to suggest?

Below are a few locations suggestion from our group:
- Marina Del Ray Fisherman Village
- Echo Park
- Union Station
- Someone suggest to try go hiking and sketch in a cooler weather ... may be this will be a good time?!
- Universal Studios City Walk ...

:D
Jeff_C
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Jeff_C »

Let's go to the Japanese Village Plaza in Little Tokyo. It has: SNACKS, Neat fake japanese buildings, SNACKS, toys, souvenirs, Ce Fiore, street performers, benches, SNAAAAACKS, ICE CREAM.

Also I didnt post sketches from last time! Yarrrg.
shihonakaza
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by shihonakaza »

We had a Sketchcrawl LA in Little Tokyo last year (my sketches are here, if you're curious: http://shihonakaza.blogspot.com/2007/08 ... tokyo.html)
though I'm up for going there again...anywhere with SNACKS + people + comfy place to sit + cheap parking is a plus!

In addition to places Alina mentioned, more places that were suggested include:
_Koreatown (though I missed out on this last time there was a sketchcrawl there)
_Grand Central Market + Bradbury Building
_Hollywood (& Highland + Mann's Chinese area?)
_Americana Shopping Center, Glendale
gittens7
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by gittens7 »

On my Birthday and the week within the birth of my first child so i may not be there, but sketch away, as for locations, what about down town culver city, there is a park also , or west wood mall, or even venice beach thats all i can think of right now
oh Marina Del Ray Fisherman Village sounds like a good idea
Art is life, life is art
www.g1toons.com
www.g1toons.blogspot.com
monking
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by monking »

I go to Little Tokyo frequently, or rather, I go through it. So my impulse is to go somewhere new, but a day of sketching would reveal things I hadn't noticed, I'm certain. Citywalk would be good for the people, but I fear it would be too restrictive for a whole day. I'll come back with some useful input when I have some.
John Juan
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by John Juan »

Man, I'm really undecided with where to go. I have been to Little Tokyo a lot. I've never been through Echo Park, but I'm not sure what the scenery is like there. Venice beach would be cool since I've never really hung out there. Regardless of where we pick though, I'm sure we're going to have a great time. I look forward to meeting all of you, and getting some mileage on my sketch book. I've been way too lazy lately.

-John
DHChang
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by DHChang »

What about Laguna Beach? Or is that a little too far south? You have a great art scene there galleries and a quaint downtown area. You also have the beach and the ocean there!

Or I guess a bit north of that could be Huntington Beach they have a nice little downtown area there and you also have the beach as well!

Or Downtown Long Beach can always be interesting!

Orange County always has some nice places :D
John Juan
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by John Juan »

What about the Getty Museum? They have an incredible Bernini exhibit there. We could sketch his sculpture work.

-John
shihonakaza
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by shihonakaza »

I prefer to sketch people, though I need practice drawing buildings, so I vote for somewhere more urban. Despite the heat wave we're having, the weather should be nice enough by October to do an outdoor thing - Marina del Rey Fisherman's Village sound intriguing, sounds like it's definitely off the tourist map...Sketchcrawl this time around is on a day before my birthday so that would be my b-day wish :P
John Juan
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by John Juan »

Well Marina Del Ray sounds good to me. I've never been there before so that can be a plus. What does everyone say? Let's make an official decision. Does anyone know a specific spot to meet in the fisherman village?

-John
akiko
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by akiko »

Marina del Rey Fisherman's Village sounds good. I've never been there so I don't know a central point to meet.
Ice-Cream Monster
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Ice-Cream Monster »

Marina Del Ray seems like a popular choice right now.

Here is the address, where we can meet up:
13755 Fiji Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292-9328
Phone: (310) 823-5411

The bell is a good spot to meet up! Plus that's where they have the weekends live concert, and there is an ice-cream place right next to it!! Perfect place to eat, draw and have fun!!
http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profil ... llage.html

:lol:
shihonakaza
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by shihonakaza »

I'm up for beach + music + ice cream! Meeting by the bell at Marina del Rey Fisherman's Village sounds good to me. Thanks for suggesting, Alina - I know you blogged about this place before, so it should be fun.

Return to “20th World Wide SketchCrawl”