Amsterdam - Netherlands [RESULTS] on page 2

Saturday April 11th 2009
ayalpinkus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Amsterdam - Netherlands [RESULTS] on page 2

Post by ayalpinkus »

Any one up for a sketch crawl in Amsterdam? I can envision a nice path from central station along some canals and canal houses through Nieuwmarkt to the market on Waterlooplein. Plenty of beautiful scenery and people walking there. But other paths or even another city would also be great!

Any one interested?
Last edited by ayalpinkus on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ichooyou
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Amsterdam - Netherlands

Post by ichooyou »

Sounds pretty cool, the weather should be good by then too. I am in, and a couple of other people i know will join too.
Ann-D
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Ann-D »

Sounds great!
pathfinder
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by pathfinder »

I've been wanting to do this for some time. If I can find someone to watch my dog that day, I'm in. Is there a meeting place that you guys prefer? Time, etc.?
ayalpinkus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ayalpinkus »

I propose we start at Amsterdam Central station, then walk to the left of the red light district (so bypassing it) over to Nieuwmarkt, on to Waterlooplein. It is all near eachother and there is just so much to draw on that route, and hopefully not too busy with tourists as it is a bit off from the Damrak.

What do you think?
pathfinder
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by pathfinder »

Sounds good to me, but then I don't know Amsterdam too well. Everything will be interesting. Avoiding tourists is always good!
pathfinder
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by pathfinder »

Any particular spot at Central Station? Maybe the VVV house?
ayalpinkus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ayalpinkus »

Ok, here's my proposal; there is a big AKO book store at the front at one of the two entrances. I propose we meet just outside that entrance, in front of the AKO. I will be the guy with the large watercolor Moleskine in my hand :-)

Shall we meet at 11:00 in the morning, wait until 11:15, and then move on into town?

Sounds like fun! :-)
pathfinder
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by pathfinder »

Sounds good, ayalpinkus. Glad I have 15 minutes to figure out which end of the station I am going to. ;0) Can you give me a hint? Is it on the VVV side or the opposite? Not sure what I'll bring just yet, but probably something a bit bigger than my moleskin. Watercolor might be fun to play with for the color.... I hope the weather holds out! See you then!
pathfinder
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by pathfinder »

Bringing a friend who says she will just "observe" but perhaps I can encourage her to do some drawing. We'll see!
ichooyou
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ichooyou »

hot damn, i just found out there's a music festival that i must attend to (motel mozaique) in rotterdam on the same day as sketchcrawl. Nice odd timing, i wish i can't make it then. Only if this was in rotterdam....ARG

have fun all.
pathfinder
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by pathfinder »

So far I've got three people coming from The Hague. As a heads-up though, I've checked the weather forecast and it says 50% chance of rain and colder temps, 16 C I think. If you guys know Amsterdam well, it might be a good idea to think of some inside venues. Otherwise we'll just improvise, I guess.
ayalpinkus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ayalpinkus »

Pathfinder - yes, it is at the side of VVV. They are nearby eachother. So VVV is better?
ayalpinkus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ayalpinkus »

Regarding drawing inside if it rains, options that I can think of are:

1) Public library, 300 meters away from central station. Has beautiful architecture, very lively, and beautiful view over the city (including beautiful views of canal houses and boats). So worst-case, that is a solution that is free and nearby central station.

2) One of the museums: Tropenmuseum is particularly nice, 15 minutes by tram, Amsterdams Historisch museum and Allard Pierson museum are walking distance from central station.

3) One of the shopping malls with roofs. Its a sketch crawl after all ;-)

If the weather is good then there are plenty of options of course. We can go for my proposal, but there are many other interesting possibilities, like the zoo (Artis), or just walking to the Dam square and sketching people and doves (and palaces :-) ) there all day.

Looking forward to the crawl :-)
ayalpinkus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ayalpinkus »

Just in case, this is what I look like, roughly: http://ayalpinkus.deviantart.com/art/De ... -118539500 .

Also, I might be holding a red sketch book, but I will be the odd guy with a sketch book :-)

Return to “22nd World Wide SketchCrawl”