London, UK [RESULTS]

Saturday July 11th 2009
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

London, UK [RESULTS]

Post by Tom D »

Three of us showed up on Saturday. Gotta do a better job about getting the word out. I KNOW that a city this size has to have more sketchers in it.

We started at Victora, then walked to Sloane Square and finally to the Victoria and Albert. The colour studies are from a trip I made the next day to St Albans.

Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: London, UK [RESULTS]

Post by Joan T »

Tom - I like your style!!! Great ink sketches and wonderful color ones from the next day!
eclecticbox
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eclecticbox »

Great stuff!!!
I love both styles, cartoon and more realistic one!!! The color tones are fantastic!!!
Looking forward to see the other's results too, I always enjoy seeing London places I've been.
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

good stuff! yes i'm surprised more urban sketching londoners didn't make it out. Well i'm a londoner but i'm too far away. I love the street scene, and those colour thumbnails of st.albans, i recognize it there!
HedgeWytch
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by HedgeWytch »

Lovely work Tom, I really like your style :thumbup:

I've wanted to join in the past two sketchcrawls but, sod's law being what it is, I've ended up working both times :(

I only started sketching earlier this year (last previous attempts being some ten years ago when I was at sixth form!) so my efforts tend to vary wildly and I'm desparately trying to improve, but if anyone wants to take a peek you're more than welcome to: http://hedgesketch.blogspot.com

Emma
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

Lovely as always Tom, the first one especially with the man drawing(?) and the little touch of the bird too! I can fully sympathise with that having been a victim at the sketchcrawl back in October! Also love how you switch to the more realistic style for the statues, but retain excellent gesture.

I'd planned to attend this one too, but I had so much to do in the morning and a gig at Wembley Stadium in the evening. Managed to get some sketching done in the morning though:

breakfast watching the fishermen in merton:

iphone sketch stuck in Wing Yip Carpark, croydon:

very very quick iphone sketch of man kneeling by a shelf in M&S:

Hopefully it won't be too long till the next one and we can take advantage of the summer months, as long as it's a weekend I've always got a chance of attending. Hope to see you there too Emma, nice watercolours!
66ahri
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by 66ahri »

@tom D
terrific sketches and colours,definitely inspiring!

@thek
like a lot the iphone stuff,was that the same "Colors" as nintendo ds?
marcello
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by marcello »

very impressive and original style!!
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

@66ahri - no, I do like Colors on the DS a lot (especially the pressure sensitivity!), but on the iPhone, Brushes seems a little slicker and more responsive. Today a new application was released called 'Layers' which lets you have up to 5 layers like in Photoshop, but I think for quick drawing, Brushes is still the best.
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Tom D
Brilliant drawings and wonderful colour studies :thumbup:

thek
Nice iphone sketches, and I love the ambience of the 1st one a lot :P
HedgeWytch
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by HedgeWytch »

Thank you :oops:

After seeing the sketches you did on your iPhone I've downloaded Colours for my DS and will have a play - always exciting trying something new!

Return to “23rd World Wide SketchCrawl”