São Paulo - Brazil [Results] WWSC on TV

Saturday May 15 2010
Montalvo Machado
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

São Paulo - Brazil [Results] WWSC on TV

Post by Montalvo Machado »

Hi all!

We had our longest Sketchcrawl ever, after joining our event with a 24 hour Art Festival in São Paulo, Called Virada Cultural.

Our group had 65 people during the Sketchcrawl, and many of them went through the night enjoyng many of the shows and street performances presented during the Virada Cultural.

We had a national TV crew documenting our event, check it out at the Sketcheria.

I went a bit further on both events and had an all nighter, stage hopping until 5 in the morning, and went coffee house hopping with a bunch of friends, until 10:00 AM, then I went home just for a shower to recover a bit until the next thing: live model session in the afternoon.

That was not the end for me and Márcio Guerra, there was still one show we wanted to see, and we went back downtown to check it out.

Well, long story short, I stayed awake for 38 hours, nonstop, sketchbook in hand most of the time, even during the shows I kept drawing.

This sketch was made during a Frank Zappa cover band presentation.

And I did this one while Living Colour was litterally shaking the ground. Notice the clock: 3:30 in the morning, and they kept playing (LOUD) until nearly 5AM.

This Sketchcrawl was indeed a lot of fun. I mean a LOT of fun.

Can't wait for the next one!

Bye all

Montalvo
Last edited by Montalvo Machado on Wed May 19, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: São Paulo - Brazil [Results] WWSC on TV

Post by mhimeswc »

Wow, 38 hours of sketching! You had a GREAT sketchcrawl! I love the photo of the live model sketchers.
aj4art
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by aj4art »

WOW! That is so cool! All nighter and TV coverage! Very cool. Nice sketches too - ha! :lol:
pascal
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by pascal »

what fantastic result, I was proud to have drawn from 8 am to midnignt, but there i'm speechless ! bravo ! it might be some kind of world record !
Montalvo Machado
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Montalvo Machado »

Hi mhimeswc, aj4art and pascal!

Thanks for your kind words!

Well, Enrico might know better than anyone if 38 hours might be some kind of world record, it would be really cool if it actually is.

I just don't know if I'll have the guts to stay awake any longer than that, hehe.

Bye all!
Jenny Lam
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Jenny Lam »

Nice results! I love the layering in your second scan. Great dedication for a long Crawl :clap:

Return to “27th World Wide SketchCrawl”