Brand new to forums and all

Tell us a little about yourself!

Moderator: Gerald

cervants
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Brand new to forums and all

Post by cervants »

I found this website, sketchcrawl from Jeannine Cook. I am a new blogger as well, tjcervants.blogspot.com , I want to participate on the next scetch in October.
I'm going to try and involve some of the local artists, but I don't know, we are having trouble with the arts, hope this helps rejuvenate the allied arts assoc in my area. l pray they are interested, but you can count me in.

I have been an artist for 50 plus years if you count my youth, I have a degree, BA, in art and am an artist teacher. Currently laid off, I have found time to devote to my art. I am from the Los Angeles area in Ca. A tiny town called Palmdale, in an area called the Antelope Valley in the Mojave Desert. I grew up in the next town called Lancaster. The Blvd of the same name is where I want to do my sketches. October 16, right? I have also signed up for some figure drawing classes on Saturdays, so can we post nudes? I respect all rules so I will search around and find out, but I will try to sketch all day regardless of the nudes I sketch and post what I can.[/color]
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Brand new to forums and all

Post by gustavo »

Greetings cervants,

Welcome to SketchCrawl!

Sometimes getting a group started takes time, at times all it takes is to have someone else join you and then next thing you know, they bring a friend or two and it grows from there. The joy comes at the end of the day when you get to share sketches with other people, and get some feedback. That is always so rewarding.

In regards to your question about posting nudes, I will ask and as soon as I have an answer I will let you know.
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Brand new to forums and all

Post by gustavo »

Hi cervants,

Posting figure drawing (tasteful) shouldn't be a problem although the spirit of the event is more about sketching.
I know sometimes I start with a sketch and get caught up in the moment and endup with a drawing. :)

Thank you for your inquiry.
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.

Return to “Introductions”