Post by Shello »

Southbank again? :D
jmb57
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Brisbane,Australia.

Post by jmb57 »

Hi, yes i would like to join in.
i am not 100% sure i will be in brisbane however on that date. but whereever i am , i will get out with my gear.
i may be in caloundra, just not sure at this stage.
i need to say i am not a good sketcher/drawer....but i am happy to have a go.
may i suggest, if we meet together at Southbank, at say 11am, whoever is there goes and does their thing. for any number of reasons, people can be held up, and it is not good for the group to feel they have to wait to get going with the sketching.
while it is a great idea to be out together, i wouldnt like to feel i was holding anyone up, by slowly drawing, and maybe enjoying a particular spot....as i am new to this, i do feel somewhat selfconscious of my work.
if we agree on a couple of spots and times, that may make it easier. i am thinking maybe we meet where we met, or were supposed to meet last time say between 10.30am for 11am start....there are plenty of coffee shops and takeaway places right next door, so we could perhaps have another meeting place there say 12.30pm.....then maybe again at 3.30pm where we could meet and chat and show our work over a coffee.... something like that!!
i am just suggesting this.....for discussion.
thanks
janine
Shello
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Shello »

Hi Jmb57! :thumbup:
Great to hear from you!
Yes, that sounds really reasonable and a good idea. Let's do that! I really appreciate your ideas and input. I haven't done all the contacting of people that I did last time because I felt I tried a little too hard last time! :D
I'm right behind your suggestions:
Meet-up 1. at 10.30 am for an eleven o'clock start, and I'll commit to turning up there at 12.30 and then 3.30 pm.
So I'm happy with meeting up at the Southbank Piazza. And if anybody wants to meet up elsewhere that could work well too and give some flexibilty ....such a big area is Southbank! Having alternate meeting places and times is a great idea.
The day is all about drawing and exploring and enjoying our day so it will be good to have this approach.

I was going to suggest too if no one else had shown up on the forum that people just might want to work from wherever they are, like you suggested if you go to Caloundra.....then post later under the Brisbane heading. One of the other Sketchcrawlers always starts his crawl like that because he works Saturdays.

So anybody reading this in Brisbane or Queensland even, if you can't make Southbank feel free to draw from wherever you need to be and feel very welcome to post here or even start your own thread if that suits you!Just draw and enjoy your day. Thank-you Jmb57 , you've lifted my spirits!
I'll definitely be there at 10.30 on Saturday at the entrance of the Suncorp Piazza and I'll make sure I'll be there at Jmb57's other suggested times so people can meet up as suits their busy schedules.
So if everybody reads Jmb57's post again and just make note of when may suit you.
And just feel free to approach anybody you see drawing too. I'll remind some of the other people I know. I know how busy our 21st century lives are!
Thanks Jmb57!
Cheers
Michelle
alex09
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by alex09 »

Hi I'm new to this sketch crawl so I was wondering is there a way of knowing how many people are attending?
Shello
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Shello »

Hi Alex09,
Nice to meet you!
This is a start-up or rather a restart group because there has always been people from Brisbane and surrounds participating but no big major group. As for numbers we were a small group last time but still a great group! It's a great event and I'm trying to notify and attract more interested folk to support the event and help link up fellow Sketchcrawlers who just want to get out there and draw their world? Have a look at some of the amazing drawings on the forums here where people at all drawing levels have captured their surrounds on the day. I've just created a facebook page, blogged and emailed a message to let people know! So who knows how many people may be there! I don't mind so much about numbers but I will be there at the Suncorp Piazza at those times to touch base with people who want to meet-up.

You don't have to draw with people on the day either, you can draw from wherever you are then post on the forum! People worldwide can then share your day and you can discover theirs! The spirit of the event is that even if you were drawing from the middle of the Ocean or Outer Space!D you'd still be drawing with all the participants from around the world! (Give or take some hours!) I love the idea because it prises me away from my drawing board and computer and outdoors into real life!

Jmb57 and I , and some other fellow Sketchcrawlers just want to keep the day simple with some flexible meetup times, see above. You don't have to meet up at all three times either. You may not want to meet up at all, or draw from wherever you may be! Southbank, the Museum and the art Galleries and Eating places are a vast place so it's easy to get lost. Those times just give people somewhere to touch base and form groups if they want. It's a fun casual meet-up!

Here is the new http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brisbane- ... 8574555429 to advertise any Sketchcrawl events taking place in this area. To let a few more people know about the Sketchcrawl events. They are quarterly.
Thanks for the question , Alex!Hope to see you there or on the forums Alex09! Happy Sketchcrawling!

Cheers

Shello

Return to “32nd World Wide SketchCrawl”