San Francisco, Ca. SketchCrawl

October 15th 2011
JCTrujillo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

San Francisco, Ca. SketchCrawl

Post by JCTrujillo »

Where are we going to meet up San Francisco Sketchcrawlers? I don't know the city well enough to think up a lot of great locations. Maybe somewhere in Golden Gate Park?
dcolivier
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: San Francisco, Ca. SketchCrawl

Post by dcolivier »

Golden Gate is pretty this time of year and the area around the DeYoung/Science Museum/Tea House is very busy. If not there, I recently was walking around Clement between Arguello and Park Presidio Blvd and its full of Asian supermarkets, stands, shops, people. Loved a sea food store that has tank after tank of live fish and shell fish. Great places to eat and have coffee too.
bensonputra
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by bensonputra »

Hi, I'm currently living in Cupertino, CA. I'm interested in joining this SF sketchcrawl. How do I join the community, or can I just come to the location and join the community? Thanks!
alices
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by alices »

I think it would be fun to crawl the Golden Gate bridge or Haight Ashbury. A lot of shops on the Haight are selling costumes and wigs right now, so it's pretty colorful.
dcolivier
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by dcolivier »

OHHH!! Haight at Halloween would be awesome!!! What would be a good end point for us to meet at 4pm and share sketchbooks?
JCTrujillo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by JCTrujillo »

I haven't been to Haight during October, sounds like it could be fun. As for a meeting spot, I haven't been there for years but, I'm sure some SF folks will know of a good one on that street. As for joining Sketchcrawl, All you have to do is show up with your sketchpad and a love of drawing. Don't forget to stick around until the end so you can peek at everyone's sketchpads and share your work.
trnoble
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by trnoble »

I think we are getting pretty close to the date and no meeting place or area has been confirmed. It appears that many want to go to Haight Street and the Golden Gate Park. There is a restaurant called "Crepes on Cole" at the Corner of Cole Street and Carl Street that is in the path of the "N" line (SF Muni underground) . This point is in between Haight and the Golden Gate Park Pan Handle and would offer a meeting place for both options. What do you think?
JCTrujillo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by JCTrujillo »

Thanks trnoble. Crepes on Cole it is, at 10am. Can't think of a better way to start the day. Lets all have an awesome sketchcrawl!
dcolivier
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by dcolivier »

I'd Ike to start right on Haight so I'm going to be at Blue Front Cafe (1430 Haight near Masonic) at 10:30am then head west At 11am on the north side of the street and then cross to the south side of Haight and head east back to Blue Front at 4pm to share sketchbooks.
John D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by John D »

An explanation just for those who don't know, first timers or whatever . . . Several years back when I read the forum discussion about where we would meet there were only about six or seven people going back and forth about the time to meet and the place to meet. It was my first time. But I remember thinking that I'd like to meet six or seven people who liked to draw in public like I do. And then I was surprised upon arriving to discover that there were about SIXTYFIVE artists, illustrators, animators, students, painters and just the plain old curious who showed up and started scribbling away. And at the end of the day, you go around looking at everyone's sketchbooks and it's just amazing what you'll see. Everything from real scribbles to stuff that will just blow you away. Since then, the numbers have swelled up at times beyond a hundred sketch crawlers.
So, just because it sounds like only two or three guys trying to get together . . . don't be fooled. It can/will be much bigger than that.
John Deckert
www.johnd.com
Phoenix
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Phoenix »

Hey everybody,

the folks at AnimC are having the Sketch Crawl at the Oakland Zoo for anyone who is interested. They also have sketch sessions every weekend. They don't have the time posted yet but they're working on that and will post it on their blog or Facebook when they have it pinned down.

http://animationcollaborative.blogspot. ... crawl.html
JCTrujillo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by JCTrujillo »

Blue Front Cafe sound pretty good, but just in case anybody checked the forum and read Crepes on Cole I think it would be best to keep the starting point there just in case they don't return to the forum to see the new location. Then we can end at Blue Front, and get the best of both worlds :D
oliveuk
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by oliveuk »

sounds good
============================================================
Instagram #oliveuktoon
Life drawing/painting ramblings: http://moustachepaint.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to “33rd World Wide SketchCrawl”