October 15th 2011
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Phoenix, AZ - USA

Post by crgcas »

Hey All!

Was hoping to book the Herpetological Society for the day so we could sketch some alligators, crocs and lizards but they have hundreds of volunteers there that weekend doing some major overhaul stuff. We can use them for the next one! So... I believe our backup plan was Cave Creek - everyone still game? It will be a bit cooler up there and there are endless things to sketch and places to eat. Since it is central we can meet at the Satisfied Frog perhaps?

Open to ideas!

Craig
CyberDave
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Phoenix, AZ - USA

Post by CyberDave »

Phoenix Sketchers...

Have fun at the Satisfied Frog and sketching Cave Creek. I just Googled and it looks pretty hot and dry there. I sure hope the temperature on Oct 15th is tolerable. Some interesting stuff "Frontier Town" etc.
Look forward to seeing the results when you are done.

Your original Plan A looked really interesting.. looks like a good site for when the crowds are gone.

Best of luck and wishes on your Sketchcrawl #33

Cheers
CyberDave
Vancouver, Canada
ChaosEtc
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ChaosEtc »

We're still up for it. A little bit later start would be nice though, to accommodate the driving time. :)
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

CyberDave: Thanks! Yes, a bit warmer than up there but it will be paradise here in another month.

ChaosEtc: Like the new handle ;-). What time do you want to meet? I am totally flexible!
Mossgate
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Mossgate »

Craig.....

Cave Creek is fine with me. If this upcoming cool down holds steady, the weather will be absolutely great. Will love it back in the 70's-80's!!!

Just got back from Washington state. Was mostly in the 60's and lower 70's.......just heavenly.
ChaosEtc
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ChaosEtc »

How about 10am, is that too late? Assuming the Satisfied Frog is easy to find, that sounds great. :)
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

10 is fine - i'll try to fins a spot on a bench somewhere near the Satisfied Frog and sketch if I get there a little earlier. We can meet at 10 to pick a lunch spot then spread out.

Aurora: Washington sounds like it was nice! Can't wait for that here. Did you get some good sketching done up there?

See you all soon!!
Mossgate
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Mossgate »

Looks like my plans for this SketchCrawl have changed.

For years I've predicted that our economy was going to take a nose dive and people were going to get fed up with our corporations/politicians and begin to protest. Being that it is now happening and there is going to be a protest rally this weekend in Phoenix, I'm going to attempt to participate. I hate crowds but I have to be involved in what real democracy is all about.

Hopefully I'll see you at the next SketchCrawl.
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

Too bad they are at the same time! We will miss you there - maybe you can post some sketches of some of the protesters. :)
Mossgate
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Mossgate »

Craig,

If I make it to the demonstration I will sketch something. Not sure I can handle upper 90's out in the sun though. Where ever I am I'll draw something and you can send me the link to get it/them posted.

Southern Washington was great. Mostly in the upper 60's to mid 70's....few 80+'s. Came back with lots more bookbinding information. Journaling just keeps getting more intriguing.
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

Well if it gets too hot you know where to find us :)

You can use the same link as last time, I will leave it up!

Return to “33rd World Wide SketchCrawl”