London greetings

Tell us a little about yourself!

Moderator: Gerald

Pimpernel
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

London greetings

Post by Pimpernel »

Hello folks! I've just run an independent Sketchcrawl in London in my capacity as co-Illustrator Coordinator for SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators) in the UK. Taking place on 26th November it was the first time we'd tried such an event, which turned out to be a fascinating and very productive day spent in the Natural History and V&A museums. As an event it was open to everyone, not just SCBWI members, however as it turned out only members turned up. I've just posted my days work on my blog http://johnshelley.blogspot.com/. Once participants have sent me scans of their work I'll post a more general report on our group illustrators blog http://scbwiillustrators.blogspot.com/

It was a great day out, if anyone in London would like to participate in the next event do contact me!

John
SploshDot
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: London greetings

Post by SploshDot »

Hi Pimpernel. I would love to join one of your future sketchcrawls. Maybe you could let me know when you plan to do the next one.
Thanks. SploshDot.
allinwards
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by allinwards »

Can I join in too? I've just finished a course with London Art College in Children's Illustration and would be blown away by the chance to join you and your crowd on a sketchcrawl! Please do let me know when the next one is planned - if you'd be happy for me to join that is.

Many thanks,
Alli
steffenV
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by steffenV »

Hi there Pimpernel, Sploshdot, and Alli,
Just wanted to let you all know we're meeting up tomorrow (sorry late notice, just saw this thread) for the 35th World Wide SketchCrawl.

Do join us if you can! 11:30 at the British Museum...check out the London UK! thread.

Cheers,
Steffen

Return to “Introductions”