San Francisco

Saturday December 9th 2006
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Enrico - Thanks for putting that flyer together. Looks great.
I'll be sure to post it around work.

Rebecca - That's great you were able to share this event
with EA...The more the merrier :)

amelia - Thanks for posting that map link :)

subverse - Thank's for creating that upcoming.org link.
That was a great idea. All the needed info
is right there. Nice.
Mr. Skip
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Mr. Skip »

Awww yeah -- zoos are the best for sketchin'!

You guys are awesome for putting this together. I can't wait!
2danimator
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

See you guys Saturday!

Post by 2danimator »

I'll be there. Looking forward to some cool sketches from everyone. Anyone know about parking around the zoo?
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

Hey I heard back from the San Francisco zoo on their group rates, which are the following:

Adults (18-64) - $9.00
Youths (12-17) - $4.50
Seniors (65 and up) - $4.50

and if there happens to be a kid under twelve attending, their admission will be $2.50.

If you've got Sketchcrawl shirts, wear 'em... or maybe cover yourself with Sketchcrawl stickers, so that we look like the legitimate group that we are (the zoo lady on the phone sounded kind of suspicious) :?

Looking forward to seeing all you guys... and the animals!

2danimator - the zoo has parking lots, at $5.00 for the whole day. Not too bad and I'm pretty sure there'll be room at 11 am. There are also parking lot kind of things along the Great Highway, next to the beaches(?). I'm not sure if those have charges, but it's maybe an option.
amelia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by amelia »

Sure hope it doesn't rain on this SketchCrawl...that's never happened before! I might bring an umbrella just in case...
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

You're absolutely right amelia. Forecast shows chance of showers Friday night and possibly into Saturday afternoon. Somehow, it's always nice weather for Sketchcrawl, but I'll bring an umbrella just in case :shock:
Karen
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Karen »

Juggling an umbrella with art materials and a sketchbook?! That sounds challenging!
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

You just need one of these!
Karen
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Karen »

LOL! I don't think that will cover everything!
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

uhm, if it does rain ... the zoo isn't the easiest place to have a plan B for ... there's probably not a whole lot of covered places are there inside the zoo ?

One option would be riding the L muni train ... I always like drawing in trains ...

e
frosti
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

L Train

Post by frosti »

L Train is a good plan B - I'm also fond of MUNI sketching. Since it ends up downtown, we could then invade one of the local shopping centers for people watching.

Should the day begin with Rain, should we all plan on meeting at the Zoo end of that route?

-Paul
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

I think we should still try and meet in front of the zoo, as always if anyone misses the meeting you can call me for an update 415 317-2731

So, you're all getting ready ?

I have a mandate for this SketchCrawl ... given that the Crawl here in SF has grown pretty large, it has been difficult for me to chat and connect with everyone of the participants ... it's hard to be social and personable with this many people ... so to counteract that here's my mandate for this Crawl: I am gonna draw each one of the SketchCrawlers ! All of you ... one at a time!
That is gonna be my drawing marathon ... this saturday. To connect back to all of you crawlers ...

gonna be interesting ... and hopefully the weather will co-operate ...

ok ...
later !

e
Oliver
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Oliver »

If the weather doesn't cooperate, might we find more sheltered sketching spots in the reptile house or aquarium?
frosti
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by frosti »

That's a good point about the reptile house - I think it depends on how large our group is. Can you imagine everyone from the sausalito trip in the reptile house? :)
Oliver
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Oliver »

Yeah...it will be stuffy, stinky and still quite dank. Looking at the map now, I don't think there IS a reptile house or aquarium building in the first place!

Some places with a roof, in no particular order, provided there's room:
Insect Zoo, Family farm (barn?), Primate discovery center, Wildlife theater, Education center, Koala house, Lions & Tigers, South American tropical forest, Native American Animals, Little Puffer steam train

Return to “12th World Wide SketchCrawl”