Gothenburg, Sweden

Saturday January 23rd, 2016

Moderators: Gerald, PaintMonster

Tipulida
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by Tipulida »

For this sketch crawl I’m planning a short walk between three statues. They are new to the city and I have not looked at them properly yet.

It is January and the weather can be absolute anyhow it feels for the moment, from rainy +10 degrees C. to freezing -20 degrees C. Anything can happen with the weather this time of the year. So, the walk will be quick. I’ll probably do one or two sketches of each statue on spot and then hide inside a café to paint – I need color on my sketches.

The route is as follow:
1.) Start at Kopparmärra 12.00
2.) On the other side of the road there is a small statue called ”Nikes Göteborg” – that’s number one
3.) After that we are going to Domkyrkan where ”Oraklet” is sitting and waiting for us at the crossing Kyrkogatan/Korsgatan
4.) And last there is a something called ”Lätt som en plätt” at Kaserntorget a short walk away
5.) And after this, there are some really good cafées just around the corner :)

All three statues have some kind of human form and since I don’t usually sketch people this would be a good exercise for me!

Please write a comment if you are planning to join me!

/Tipulida
tobias
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by tobias »

Really need the practice, so I'm thinking of joining you.

/ tobias
Tipulida
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tipulida »

This is going to be interesting, we had a blizzard yesterday and the entire city is covered with snow. I am going to try anyway, hope to see you!
tobias
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by tobias »

Can't make it today after all.

Return to “50th World Wide SketchCrawl”