Pittsburgh, PA, joins the SketchCrawl

Share your drawings from March 6th 2005
Liz
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Pittsburgh, PA, joins the SketchCrawl

Post by Liz »

Well, the weather is not supposed to be great, but count us in!

We will start at noon at the Kiva Han coffee shop in Oakland (corner of Craig and Forbes) and see who turns up. Our plan is to go across the street to the Carnegie Museums, where one entry fee will let you into both the art and natural history museum. I don't know if I want to try to draw the ancient taxidermy of lions attacking an Arab courier on horseback--but there are lots of less gory exhibits. On the art side, The Carnegie International is still up, so there is great contemporary art to sketch, and good people watching too.

Later in the afternoon we may walk over to Phipps Conservatory (again, an entrance fee) and draw lots of green plants and pretend we are someplace warmer or drier than western Pennsylvania in early March.

Join us!
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Sounds like a great plan Liz ... have a great crawl day!
E
Liz
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Fun Crawling in Pittsburgh, PA

Post by Liz »

Just members of my immediate family (spouse and 3 kids) participated, but we had a great day. We were mostly inside - though the sun was shining, it was too chilly to sit still outdoors.

I don't have snaps of the others' sketches, but a couple of mine are posted over on my blog, woolgathering:

http://www.elizabethperry.com/woolgathe ... tml#000876

Leave a comment if you happen to stop by!

Looking forward to the next crawl - thanks, Enrico & co., for instigating this one.

Return to “2nd World Wide SketchCrawl day!”