The Second Sketchcrawl in Honolulu was crazy and fun!

Saturday December 9th 2006
Hugh M.
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

The Second Sketchcrawl in Honolulu was crazy and fun!

Post by Hugh M. »

December 9th, 2006

We started the week with a radio interview on Hawaii Public Radio (HPR) and a live Sketchcrawl announcement on Campus Radio. A big mahalo to Ling, our new friend at KTUH FM, Campus Radio. Ling plays the best alternative music between 6-9AM each Monday. Ling’s show, “Planet Soundâ€
Last edited by Hugh M. on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

These are great! I'm going to be in Hawaii in March and look forward to seeing some sights and do some sketching myself. Thanks for sharing
Biscuit Maker
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Biscuit Maker »

Hugh, amazing work. Congratulations to you and everyone who made the crawl. This is such a grand showing for all of you, radio, magazine, art organizations...man, this is huge!

Would love to visit Hawaii for a Sketchcrawl someday, this turnout is inspiring. Those drawings and paintings are amazing.

Thank you.

Ronnie

Zoe
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Zoe »

Congratulations. This looks like an amazing and fun event. Great photos, sketches and lots of colour.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Wow !! :shock: :shock: :shock: :D
this is amazing John !!!
What a day ... so many amazing work !!
You guys in Hawaii are doing such an amazing job at spreading the spirit of SketchCrawl !!
Wonderful and inspiring for us here in the US ...

wow !
thanks for sharing all the photos and news !!

Enrico
Chris Chua
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Niiiice!

Post by Chris Chua »

sweeeet! Great sketches. so fun:)
Chris Chua
Blog (Artwork):
http://cchua001.blogspot.com

Animation:
http://cchuareels.blogspot.com
lilin
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lilin »

Hi John and Min! Thanks for organizing the event... which sketches did you do? Please let us know when the Hana Hou article gets published, I think there's an online version so everyone can see it, not just those flying Hawaiian Air.

It was great to see people's sketchbooks firsthand... I swooned over Spencer's watercolors and was amazed at how prolific Hugh was with his pencil sketches. Did Mark really finish his canvas in one afternoon? Thought you'd like to know that a visitor came into Marks while we were waiting for everyone to return at 2 pm. Louise, visiting from Ireland, was doing a walking tour of Chinatown when she stumbled upon SketchCrawl. She was very impressed with the sketches she saw.

Donnam: Will you be in Honolulu around the time of SC13?
BiscuitMaker: Going to another city for a SC would definately be a fun adventure... you won't even need a passport... we're the 50th State :D !
e: Hope you're feeling better... thanks for this wonderful idea.

Happy Holidays to all the SketchCrawlers of the World!
~lilin
John
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by John »

Ooops
Last edited by John on Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
John
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by John »

Hi lilin,

Thank you for attending and helping to share the day.
Min (second time sketching) drew the lightpole and I sketched the parking alleyway and a watercolor of the rooftops. Mahalo to Hugh M. for the great posting and assistance, we hope to see more!

With each Sketchcrawl, we have met new friends and have no idea who will show up. We had a number of people coming and going and didn't get a group picture. Ann with the Hawaiian Air story took allot of pictures. We hope for a good story and will let post of any news.

Enrico, thank you for sharing the idea and the day! Sketchcrawl should be an international story, I encourage everyone to send the press releases. The world needs a positive, creative story and sketches!

Min and I are currently visiting the US mainland for the Holidays, it is cold! Wow, my hat (gloves, jackets and long pants) off to the Northern Sketchcrawlers!

donnam, please send us an e-mail when you on island!

donnam, biscuit maker, zoe,enrico and cchua007: thank you for the postive comments!

Please, we encourage all those who attended and left early to post your sketches to share.

Mele Kalikimaka everyone!

Aloha,
John and Min
ClayMom
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ClayMom »

Beautiful sketches and (Ahem!) paintings LOL!!!! It's funny how the pro artists call that "Sketching" All very pleasing to the eye. Would love to see more landscapes. Bravo!!!
origami
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Looking forward to no. 13

Post by origami »

I just joined after lurking a while. Saw some familiar faces and names. I hope to join you guys on your next sketchcrawl event.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

John and Min: thanks for sharing this long report and the amazing pictures going along! Painters, sketchers, so on and so forth ... all over the place: Hawaii mus have SOMEthing, indeed.

Hope to see some Hawaiien airline sketches from above then some day ;-)

Return to “12th World Wide SketchCrawl”