San Francisco

Sunday November 4th 2007
Karen
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Karen »

Berkeley sounds good for an East Bay crawl.
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

So far we have suggestions for:

Mountain View - (1 vote)
farmers market, with a train station on one end and at the other the arts complex, town hall, library and parks.

Berkeley - 4 votes)
Rose Garden and nice architecture. Humane Society's Purrcasso event being held that day.

San Francisco - (2-votes)
Fisherman's Wharf and heading up Columbus towards downtown, Washington Square Park, then finish up for dinner some where in North Beach.
frosti
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

where is everyone?

Post by frosti »

Given that we've had up to 88 crawlers show up, I'm amazed so few people have put in their nickel's worth. It seems like there should be enough people in the area to support all 3 locations, but perhaps I'm too optimistic.

Do we have enough people to organize a crawl for each place? Setting up flyers, etc?
SketchMark
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by SketchMark »

I've never been to a SketchCrawl I've always wanted to go. I lived in the east bay all my life. I would like to do the SF so I most likely wouldn't go to Berkeley.
The 3 Locations is a Good Idea though.
SF
East Bay
South Bay

Wouldn't it be cool at the end of the day all three locations would meet up and share about our experiences?
martha
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by martha »

I am open to all 3 locations. There is also someone organizing one in Healdsburg, and they've put a lot of good info in that thread. I thought about going up there too. Also, someone started a second SF thread - did you see that?

I organized the last Berkeley Sketchcrawl, so was hoping to tag along on someone else's this time :) But, I could step up if need be. We've done the campus and the 4th street area. We could do the Rose Garden/North Berkeley area perhaps.

I too am surprised that there is not more interest here. It does seem to be a bad day for people: a few of our East Bay regulars are unavailable. With fewer people perhaps we should do one Sketchcrawl together?
-martha

*** Trumpetvine Sketchblog ***
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

i would like to do a bay area crawl again. i've done berkeley twice now, and would do it again, depending on where it is; i've not done a san francisco one though and would like to do one there, but again, depending where (somewhere fairly easy to get to if coming from out of town on public transport). but if this is a 'san francisco' crawl it should be in the city really. So if this is a vote, i'm voting for san francisco, with a half-vote for berkeley...
(it may all depend on whether or not there is beer at the end of it...)
frosti
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

did someone say beer?

Post by frosti »

This is North Beach (SF) ish and has that old cask brewed style about it.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/plIGvvIOAKiuCQybfnzSsQ
dcolivier
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Places to do Figure Drawing

Post by dcolivier »

patsanimation wrote:Woo!!!

I just moved to town, and I was looking for how to find local artist meeting type things. I'm totally going to this. How do I find it??

Also- anyone help me find good life drawing classes? I'm at Mission & 16th.
You've moved to a great area for figure drawing!!! In addition to all the schools there's a great site: http://www.artistresource.org/lifedraw.htm
that lists by the days of the week all the places you can go to draw.
And check out City College of SF http://www.ccsf.edu/Departments/Art/
if you're interested in a semester class (begins in mid Jan), there are 7 figure classes with big selection of times and a great price.
The Bay Area Models Guild http://bayareamodelsguild.tripod.com/marathon.html
can tell you about Drawing Marathons they hold every fall and spring.
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

Hey Paul, that makes SF look awfully attractive. I'm more interested in doing SF than Berkeley, even though I was tossing out Berkeley suggestions...

The Fishermans' Wharf/North Beach sounds good to me!
frosti
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by frosti »

Emma, that sounds cool - we can do a sort of "classic" crawl ending up around the Rogue. Count me in for San Francisco.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Yay, godspeed SanFranciscanCrawlers !
will be thinking of you!
:)

e
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

i like the idea of a fisherman's wharf/north beach area crawl too, and that rogue's place looks good, so count me in.
patsanimation
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by patsanimation »

San Fran or Mountainview work just as well for me. Berkeley, less so, but I'd go.

Yay, that list of local life drawing classes was very helpful, I found 2 within a 10 minute bike ride and was impressed by both this week. I'll probably be a regular. Tuesdays and Fridays, (Cesar Chavez at Valencia and Mission Cultural Center.)
Rosie
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Rosie »

More folks' enthusiasm for SF is swaying me too! I switch my vote to NorthBeach/etc.!
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."
Karen
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Karen »

It's been a while since I've been to Fisherman's Wharf/North Beach area. Let's do it!

Return to “16th World Wide SketchCrawl”